BAP - Failed challenges

by mexsan

Original Post

BAP - Failed challenges

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play though a couple of challenges
What happens when the bug occurs? It says i have failed the challenge while i actually managed to complete them.
What do you expect to see? Obviously i should be rewarded for completing the challenge and not the opposite.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be A Pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 21:00
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? mexs87
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

While playing the "Be A Pro" mode, i have had 2 challenges which i completed, but where the game said i failed after the game. 

The first one was a teammate challenge where i should put up 2 hits during next game. I managed to do 5, however it still said i failed when having the next conversation. 

The second one was a media challenge of putting up 2 points in the next game. I did 6 (4 goals, 2 assist), but again it said i failed after the game. 

Message 1 of 19 (4,024 Views)

Re: BAP - Failed challenges

★★ Novice

I've run across a couple of these issues myself on the Xbox platform.  One was achieve an A rating for offense (Got an A+).  The other was protect the lead (was a shutout and our team scored one goal in the mean time).

Message 2 of 19 (4,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same issues on Xbox One. Although I had a bug with an "assist" challenge, and a "get an A rating" challenge. 

Message 3 of 19 (3,984 Views)

Completing promises/anything

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete a promise on franchise mode
What happens when the bug occurs? After completing the promise, the coach is mad the promise was broke. But I did exactly what he asked, 100%.
What do you expect to see? Not a bug in 2/3 of the game. Credit for completing things, not penalised.
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise mode, promises
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 10:00/AM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Dasmaul84

Is there any party of this game that is complete. Complete a promise, fail. Scout players, fail. Complete trophies, fail.  Complete Coach/teammate challenges, fail. Same contracts as nhl20, same draft class, WAY more bugs. 

Message 4 of 19 (3,981 Views)

Re: Completing promises/anything

★★★★★ Novice

The amount of bugs in this game is making me regret buying it. Especially since all of these things were working in NHL 20.

Message 5 of 19 (3,935 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue. I promised to score a goal, I got 2, and the game said I failed the challenge.

Message 6 of 19 (3,941 Views)

BAP bugs (copied from BAP topic forum)

★★★ Guide

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game. Create a player and play.
What happens when the bug occurs? Failed challenges even when success/failure criteria isn’t met.
What do you expect to see? Vital features that were removed, ie junior season before draft, brought back. As well as bug fixes for the ones I’ve talked about
Insert Game Mode or Feature here BAP
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?

So there’s obviously many bugs and missing features.
I’m in my second season as a backup goalie for the ducks. But all my coach interviews and press interviews etc are still talking as if it’s my first season. It says I have no wins in the nhl in the milestone tracker, but I’ve got 15 wins.

They are also still talking about the Calder? I’m not a rookie anymore. I’ve got 40 games played.

Also the coach challenges are bugged. Such as win 2 games out of 4. I play 2 games, one loss and one win, and it says I’ve failed yet I’ve only played two.

Also where the hell is the jr season before the entry draft? On a different file, I got drafted 1st overall by playing as a defenseman in Europe, with 4GP, 2G 2A. I really wish I could get a refund for this game. 

why am I not sent down to the Ahl/back to juniors (if there even was the juniors in this game) when I play poorly? I’m a 76 goalie stealing the starter job from John Gibson on the ducks, even though I’m sub.900 25gp, and consistently doing bad? Where is the sense of challenge, the sense of accomplishment by trying hard in the juniors, to get drafted? 

Message 7 of 19 (3,933 Views)

Be a pro bugs NHL21

★★★ Newbie

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Media challenge from verdino
What happens when the bug occurs? You fail the task even though you completed it successfully.
What do you expect to see? Failure to only occur when you actually fail not when you succeed!
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 1855
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? MMAsteve

Please see images of how rediculous this is, it happens with every task from him, makes it pointless to attempt any.

Message 8 of 19 (3,955 Views)

Re: Be a pro bugs NHL21

★★★ Guide

The entire conversation and challenge system in BAP is bugged, among many other things. It’ll be a few months before these things are addressed dude, I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

Message 9 of 19 (3,952 Views)

Why does it say promise failure when I haven't even played the challengeBE A PRO

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Be a Pro, Usually comes when you are on a winning streak and the coach wants you to keep it going. Play without simming
What happens when the bug occurs? The answer says Promise Failure when you haven't even played It yet, then you get negative points. Its alot of these in here
What do you expect to see? An update where you fix this
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be A Pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 10:43 Pm
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? T Wretch

Like whenever you are on a game winning streak the coach wants you to keep it going but when you choose the promise to do so, the answer comes up as promise failure and you lose points in brand etc. This isn't the only one then we have 99% of the time when you gonna outscore the opposite superstar you fail even if you succed. Like come on

Message 10 of 19 (3,932 Views)