Automatic Hurry-Up Spike Play Bug

by Cheez_4_evry1

Original Post

Game stuck in spike ball

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Madden 20 on PC.

While I play the game, it seems that some button is always being activated causing my offense to automatically spike ball, call time out, or making audibles and hot routes impossible. I use an xbox one controller connected to micro usb, but this occurs even when the controller is unplugged and disconnected and using the keyboard and mouse. I have tried opening the game through steam with xbox control configuration but the errors still occur. When playing other games, I do not experience any buttons constantly pressing or ghosting. I am on the most recent Windows and have tried repairing and reinstalling both Origin and Madden. Thanks and happy holidays.

Message 2 of 8 (2,909 Views)

Automatic Hurry-Up Spike Play Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 11/??/2019-12/15/2019
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug At the end of every play, excluding incomplete passes or passes/runs that run off out of bounds, my offense automatically does a hurry-up spike play. Every. Single. Time.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game?? This appears in literally every gamemode making this game very unplayable.
What happens when the bug occurs? Play ends, offense automatically runs a hurry-up spike play.
What do you expect to see? Plays ending and continuing normally.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? RTX 2070 Super
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have used Origin's "repair" feature multiple times. I have deleted any downloaded community files as well. I can't fix this on my own no matter what I do.

Message 1 of 8 (2,853 Views)

Re: Game stuck in spike ball

★★★ Newbie

Same same.

Same thing with timeouts automatically getting called in some games.

The only thing that seems to help is a reboot.

Message 3 of 8 (2,794 Views)

Community Manager

@q--ClydeFrog--p 

Are you using an official Xbox controller and do you use any overlays while playing the game? I've seen some overlays conflict with games causing strange results like this to happen.

Any other devices plugged into the PC other than a mouse & keyboard?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (2,709 Views)

Re: Automatic Hurry-Up Spike Play Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this exact issue too im also on steam and i have same graphics card and 32gigs of ram too!!

Message 5 of 8 (2,779 Views)

Re: Automatic Hurry-Up Spike Play Bug

★★★★★ Novice
@Cheez_4_evry1 Exact same issue here.
Happened on my 1080ti and now my 3090.

Asus Maximus Formula board
32gb ram
Message 6 of 8 (2,490 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Exact same symptoms here.

I'm IT so I've went through the basics ensuring no other input devices are at play. Geforce Experience would be the only "overlay" and origin in game will be disabled next for testing. (don't recall if I did this already)

Latest drivers. Happens with Xbox one X controller, Xbox One X Elite controller, and continues even w/o the wireless adapter plugged in!

I've had times where it'll work fine though. 90% of the time its unplayable.

A/V is Sophos will full exceptions. I have tons of games and have ZERO issues w/ other games.

Also have the Zero players searching issue in this game.. I'm huge multiplayer gamer in everything else which works fine. lol

Message 7 of 8 (2,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're simply pressing the hurry to huddle button which is B before you commence your play... it's a poorly implemented clock run off game mechanic. 

Message 8 of 8 (2,182 Views)