Highlighted

Autocannon Damage Poorly Balanced

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. anywhere
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/04/19 10:00 CST
Summarize your bug Why does my level 61 Masterwork The Last Stand (Mauler), say it does 268 damage with a rate of fire of 800 RPM, while a purple level 38 torrent does 323 at 900 RPM? Even the Fist of Stral (Cloudburst) level 61 is less at 313 with only a slightly higher rate of fire at 1000 RPM. The bad part is it describes the Mauler as the "Heaviest hitter of the autocannons".To make it even worse, a blue Rare Torrent does 281 damage at 900.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start playing the game before you push it out the door for the customer. I noticed this the first day playing on colossus. I thought I would try this class because most of the components that drop are for classes I didn't play. Another bug we are still experiencing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your DPS suffers because the RNG gave you half a dozen Fist of Stral and The Last Stand instead of an Endless Seige.
What should be happening instead? Developers should playtest their work or hire people to rather than the customer.

PLEASE FIX THIS GAME. It has been over a month now and there are still glaringly obvious bugs or imbalances that exist in this game.  If the next patch releases even remotely like 1.04, I'm gone.

Message 1 of 6 (198 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Autocannon Damage Poorly Balanced

★★★★★ Novice

See attached picture.

Message 2 of 6 (189 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine does well 😜

Message 3 of 6 (177 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, those are good rolls on the inscriptions and it being a legendary will help due to the power scaling in this game but I believe you are missing the point here. Why does a purple torrent at level 38 have base damage stats equivalent to your legendary? 

Message 4 of 6 (170 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Also.... what the hell does "when suit health declines" mean? it's about as well defined as "Hard landing". There is so much * in this game that has specific activation criteria that are not even remotely defined in the description of the gear or just plain broken.

EG: pretty much any colossus gear that activates (or is supposed to) off a shield break.

Message 5 of 6 (122 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Inscriptions does most of the work here, since weaker rarity of Last Stand has its own limits where the damage inscription can reach, MW having these limits higher, in the end YOUR Last Stand does something around 536 dmg of 800RPM

In theory the weaker rarity can still overcome that dmg output but drop MW version of tip top limit of damage inscription the purple one can achieve and the MW will still end up stronger. With the fact that MW haves special ability to it always like Gambler's Wrath - Increase ALL WEAPON damage when health declines, which basicly means when your health gets low, all your weapons get this very nice 110% dmg boost, switch to Fist of Stral or Endless Siege when low on Health and you be throwing some nice numbers.

Your Last Stand atm is able to put out 804dmg of 800RPM when low on health by itself therefore "Last Stand" but I would think more of switching to a damage weapon when low on health.

Endless Siege is Torrent, Last Stand is Mauler, two different types of weapons, we have two slots, each MW and higher having their own ability. Last Stand as its name is telling us (Mauler as the heaviest hitter) gives us opportunity to kinda transfer that heavy hitting fact to all our weapons.

Message 6 of 6 (116 Views)
Twitter Stream