Re: Auto solve for hygiene not working.

by Winterspell01

Original Post

Auto solve for hygiene not working.

★★ Apprentice

After Get together released I encountered an issue where when I click to auto solve my sim's hygiene problems they will not be able to figure out how to get to the shower/bath/sink. They raise their arms up and act like they encountered a pathing issue. I end up having to find a shower myself at tell them to use it directly by clicking on it. Often times I also have to make them "go to"  the inside of the building before telling them to shower or even directly clicking the shower doesn't work.

I am completely vanilla and have all stuff packs, expansion packs, and game packs except "Movie Hangout Stuff" I also checked for this issue and didn't find it anywhere.

Message 1 of 8 (1,071 Views)

Hero

Does it matter where your Sims are located when you try ? Far away or close by ?

Is no one else in the bathroom ?

Did you lock the bathroom doors at some point ?

Do you have a baby in your household ?

Does it just happen in one particular house or all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,068 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It tends to happen more away from the home lot, and the chances of it failing are farther away I believe. The bathroom every time has been empty of other sims, I have not ever locked a bathroom door, and my sim lives completely alone, no baby.

Message 3 of 8 (1,057 Views)

Hero

In my game, they have the tendency to fail auto-resolve the farther away I am from the object.

If you are not on your home lot, the bathroom might simply be too far away for your Sim to find it with auto-resolve. It only seems to work within a certain radius.

I wouldn't really classify this as a bug unless it's happening every time, close to the bathroom.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,050 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sometimes they fail when there are 10 seconds walking distance from it though, and my sims in the past have never had problem with the distance he is having to travel currently. It isn't really very far away. Sometimes just a room away when they fail.

Message 5 of 8 (1,039 Views)

Hero

And there is never another Sim queued for the bathroom at the same time or already using it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,032 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, there are no other sims using the restroom or even heading for it. I also noticed that other sims that I don't control seem to have a hard time finding restrooms too because whenever they come to my active lot they have to go and sometimes they go to a really far away restroom, off lot to use even though nobody else is using the restroom at the time. I had an instance during a club gathering where everyone except me had to pee when they came to the gathering. half of them ended up leaving the lot because of the issue and the rest refused to use the nearby restroom, they would complain and then not do anything about it.

Message 7 of 8 (1,026 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,022 Views)