Re: Auto-fill: Don't place non-leader ability toons in Leader spot!

by ThorGrimm74

Original Post

Auto-fill: Don't place non-leader ability toons in Leader spot!

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6 plus
OS Version 11.2.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 552-868-621
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Don't place toons that have no leader ability in the leader spot when auto-filling a squad! Currently, the most powerful toons auto-fill, but if you have a toon that's your most powerful and has no leader ability (R2, for example, he'll auto-fill the leader spot. This is a big problem in Territory Wars/Battles, as if you accidentally hit "Battle," you're stuck. "Battle" is too easy to accidentally hit when you meant to press "Change Squad" instead. You have a warning for battling with a less-than-full squad. There needs to be one if you're placing a non-leader in the leader spot. It's an egregious oversight that needs to be FIXED.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter ANY mode and see what auto-fills. Make sure your strongest (by Power) toon doesn't have a leader ability.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

This primarily happens in Territory Wars/Battles.  At least in Squad Arena and Galactic War, your last lineup order is saved.

Message 1 of 6 (593 Views)

★ Guide
This is especially annoying in TB when only a certain faction is allowed, e.g. Phoenix. You are less likely to check the leader spot if the correct team is selected anyway. Happened to me several times already that I started the battle with Chopper in the leader spot.
Message 2 of 6 (570 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nothing on this?  No Dev reply?  Is this just going to get lost in the shuffle?  No acknowledgement?

Message 3 of 6 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Why don't you give a suggestion of how it should be? Would it be better if highest character with a leader ability was in the lead spot and then the rest auto populated? I know for me this would be a poor team as well. Maybe you have a different suggestion. Maybe a better suggestion would be to have the ability to edit teams put on defense for TW after they have been set. Or maybe we should just all be more careful.
Message 4 of 6 (520 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A simple suggestion would be (if they're not going to actually fix the oversight) is to give you a warning message that you're about to place a non-leader toon in the leader spot.  You get a warning message when you're about to enter ANY battle without a full 5-person squad.  Why not a warning message for a non-lead that auto-fills into the lead spot?  That was in my description.  

Message 5 of 6 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is such a simple thing too... non-leaders shouldn't auto-populate like that, or at the very least there should be a warning message saying that you're starting a battle with a non-leader, just the same as when you start a battle without a full squad.
Message 6 of 6 (463 Views)