Auto cycle weapon when empty not working?

by madam_lotte

Original Post

Auto cycle weapon when empty not working?

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number I dont know
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? polenovka
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? /
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In-game, across World's edge
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Throughout the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It always happens
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/1/20
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When my weapon is empty, it should auto rotate to my other weapon, which is loaded, but instead it tries to reload my current weapon. I have auto-cycle enabled. Restarting the game or disabling and enabling the option doesn't help.
What should be happening instead? Switching to my other weapon when my main is empty.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if it's common, but every weapon does this, it doesn't auto rotate even though i have it enabled.

Nothing to add. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,041 Views)

Re: Auto cycle weapon when empty not working?

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I know it's an old post but in case anyone will still look for it - mind that the auto-cycle option means your weapon will cycle when you run out of ammo completely (not instead of reloading). Which BTW would be a really cool feature if that could implemented instead of reloading.😜

Message 2 of 4 (1,026 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No, just no. This is not and should never ever be a thing please. Unless you only have one hand or play with your mouth or foot I guess. That's like if the game auto weapon swapped to ground weapons on low ammo. 

Message 3 of 4 (473 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

This thread is quite a few years old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Feel free to create a new thread if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)