Aurra's Sniper Expertise Explanation

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Translation error
OS Version 7.1.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 595-511-721
What type of issue do you have? Translation Errors
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The current text in English for the Sniper Expertise ability is the following: "Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is Toppled, this attack deals 200% more damage and this ability's cooldown is reset. (only raid bosses can be toppled)." The Portuguese text for the same ability is as follows: "Causa dano físico ao alvo inimigo. Se o alvo for Derrubado, este ataque causa 200% a mais de dano. (Somente Chefes de Ofensiva podem ser Derrubados.)" I understand that the target must already be toppled for the attack to deal extra damage. If that is the case, the correct sentence should be "Se o alvo ESTIVER Derrubado" instead of the current state. By using "estiver derrubado", means that the raid boss is already toppled when she attacks (which is in agreement with the mechanics in swgoh.gg), while by using "for derrubado" gives the idea that it is the current attack that will topple the raid boss. Therefore, I kindly suggest to change the ability description in the Portuguese version of the game to: Causa dano físico ao alvo inimigo. Se o alvo estiver Derrubado, este ataque causa 200% a mais de dano. (Somente Chefes de Ofensiva podem ser Derrubados.)" Regards, Fernando
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compare the English and Portuguese version of Aurra's ability Sniper Expertise
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Brazil

The current text in English for the Sniper Expertise ability is the following:
"Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is Toppled, this attack deals 200% more damage and this ability's cooldown is reset. (only raid bosses can be toppled)."

The Portuguese text for the same ability is as follows:
"Causa dano físico ao alvo inimigo. Se o alvo for Derrubado, este ataque causa 200% a mais de dano. (Somente Chefes de Ofensiva podem ser Derrubados.)"

I understand that the target must already be toppled for the attack to deal extra damage. If that is the case, the correct sentence should be "Se o alvo ESTIVER Derrubado" instead of the current state.

By using "estiver derrubado", means that the raid boss is already toppled when she attacks (which is in agreement with the mechanics in swgoh.gg), while by using "for derrubado" gives the idea that it is the current attack that will topple the raid boss.

Therefore, if my understanding is correct, I kindly suggest to change the ability description in the Portuguese version of the game to:
Causa dano físico ao alvo inimigo. Se o alvo estiver Derrubado, este ataque causa 200% a mais de dano. (Somente Chefes de Ofensiva podem ser Derrubados.)"

Regards,

Fernando

Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Aurra's Sniper Expertise Explanation

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. We flagged this for review.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)

All Replies

Re: Aurra's Sniper Expertise Explanation

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. We flagged this for review.
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)