Audio settings reset

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? OnePlus 6T
OS Version 9.0.13
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 678-551-772
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I have my audio settings, both music & sound FX, turned off. Even though this is the case each time I load the game back up after closing it the music is playing & I get SFX in battle as well. To reset the sound I have to turn the music/SFX on & then off again each time I load the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game with music/SFX audio settings already turned off
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? OnePlus 6T
OS Version 9.0.13
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 678-551-772
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I have both my music & SFX settings set to off. Even though they are shown as off each time I connect to the game the music is on. I then have to go into the settings & turn these options on & then off again to actually turn them off.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game with music/SFX settings already turned off.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom

Message 1 of 15 (1,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio settings reset

Hey everyone, thanks for the reports! The studio is aware of this issue and it's scheduled for a fix in an upcoming patch. Keep your eye on the forums for any updates!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202974/why-wont-the-music-stop

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (1,081 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same audio problem, and I have an IPhone in the United States so I suspect this is a problem for most every one.  Sound effects and music must be turned back on and then turned off to stop all sound each time the game is loaded (very annoying). Seems to have started after the last major update.

Message 2 of 15 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here, in my guild 4 other members habe the problem.
Message 3 of 15 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

and endebe75 is not my profile....

Message 4 of 15 (1,025 Views)

★ Novice

This is killing my ability to play the game. I need to have sound off on the game so I can play at night and not wake my sleeping 4 month old. I can't turn sound off completely on my phone or I will not get my alarm in the morning. I've already missed raids and lost in GA because my playtime is limited mainly to when my child is sleeping. Hope a fix will be pushed soon. 

Message 5 of 15 (964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have similar reasons.

Is a fix coming?

Message 6 of 15 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Can confirm. Game starts with music set to off. Music is playing. Have to go to settings and turn the music on and then off again for it to stay off until the game is opened the next time. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Android version: 9.0.13

Message 7 of 15 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same. On an iPhone and in the US. Very annoying.
Message 8 of 15 (935 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. iPhone 7, wi-fi, Russia.

Message 9 of 15 (916 Views)

★ Novice

How can it be so hard to fix something that causes such annoyance. Most players mute the sounds and don't want to hear the background music, if it was an issue with toons the corrections would have been made within hours, this has been around for days. Hurry up and fix it, it's really annoying!

Message 10 of 15 (907 Views)