Audio settings ignored on app startup

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6S
OS Version iOS 12.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 998925497
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug On app startup, music and SFX default to ON, even though my preferences are set to OFF. This persists until I toggle them on and off again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set music to off. Close app, start app up again. Once loaded, music starts to play.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country

Text here. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio settings ignored on app startup

Hi, thanks for the report!

SB_Crumb has made an announcement regarding this, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202974/why-wont-the-music-stop#latest

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (968 Views)

All Replies

Hi, thanks for the report!

SB_Crumb has made an announcement regarding this, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202974/why-wont-the-music-stop#latest

★★ Novice

Fixing this bug is likely the most important fix to your bottom line. After all, if I loose my job because my boss catches me playing at work, and my wife leaves when she finds out I am in fact not doing urgent and import work on my phone in the evening, then, now think this through guys...

I CANT PAY YOU ANY MORE MONEY

Message 3 of 12 (924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem, but I use Android devices.  

Message 4 of 12 (894 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This needs to be fixed NOW not LATER. People turn off their sounds so they can open the app at places like work and other places you don't want sound randomly playing. The fact that they think toggling the audio on then off again is an acceptable solution until they can bother themselves to fix it is asinine. You created a major bug with an update, fix it NOW.

Message 5 of 12 (878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

“I want to do things at work that I am not allowed to do but I can’t do them and it’s your fault.”

Seriously? Grow up.

Message 6 of 12 (864 Views)

★★ Novice

What on earth are you trying to achieve with this post?  To shame us?  You grow up! :P

We are not complaining that we can't do things we aren't allowed to do, Dad.  We are alerting the devs to a critical LACK OF DISCRETION that came with their latest update.  While we would like it fixed for our own reasons, it is in THEIR INTEREST to fix it as it will affect their income and playerbase negatively.  And we were doing it nicely, with humour.

You however were acting like a *.  Is posting like this what you do for satisfaction?  Because I would respectfully suggest you try something else.

Message 7 of 12 (770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go Hermetic. Someone who can can speak logically and rationally to someone who disagrees with them. Seldom found around here

Message 8 of 12 (727 Views)

Let's remember that personal attacks and rudeness are not allowed. We are here to discuss swgoh games bugs.

The Devs are very aware of this issue, even posting about it on the Announcements section of the main forums. I don't know how much value there is with additional discussion on the topic though. We just need to be patient until it's fixed.

★ Guide

This bug is pretty atrocious.  I usually have my phone on vibrate so I don't disturb people around me.  Ignoring the fact they you may play in the office or some other place you shouldn't, how about opening the game and just collecting energy while you are waiting in line at Starbucks or on a subway to work? 

Considering that this bug is introduced in a major update and is rather disruptive, it should have already been fixed with a hot fix. 

As an additional point,  this is not first time an update change the audio settings in the game. The last QOL update has reverted everyone's sound preferences also.  I had to go back and disable sound again.  Now, this update decided to simply ignore sound preferences on start up.   This is just sloppy.

Please Fix It ASAP!

Message 10 of 12 (711 Views)