Audio cuts out, then entire system freezes.

by PrimmMcSlim

Original Post

Audio cuts out, then entire system freezes.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lilprimmslimm
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Shark_Fighter69
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Revenant
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Going from character screen back to the lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Going from character screen back to the lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.11.20 20:08
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Audio cuts out and game freezes the entire console
What should be happening instead? I should be joining a match.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look through error reports submitted by Ps4 report tool.

Game keeps freezing after audio cuts out during loading into match.

Message 1 of 13 (526 Views)

Re: Audio cuts out, then entire system freezes.

Community Manager

Hi @PrimmMcSlim

Are you getting any error messages at all when this happens? If so, what is the full error code you've been seeing? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (483 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent CE-34878-0
Message 3 of 13 (466 Views)

Community Manager

@PrimmMcSlim 

Got it, thanks! Let's try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this from happening. In some cases crashes like this can actually happen because of a connection issue. I think we should start there. 

When you've got the chance please try running through the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. Those steps can tackle a lot of the most common issues we see, but if you're still having trouble afterward check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (453 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I have already tried these.

Message 5 of 13 (443 Views)

Community Manager

@PrimmMcSlim 

Thank you for giving it a shot. Do you have Apex Legends installed on an external drive, or is it stored on the drive that was built into your PlayStation? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 13 (413 Views)

★★ Novice

It is in the original PlayStation drive.

Message 7 of 13 (399 Views)

Community Manager

@PrimmMcSlim 

Got it, thanks. Can we also try rebuilding the database on your PS4 to see how that goes? If there's a problem with the data on the drive that might help to fix the issue. To rebuild the database first start up your PS4 in Safe Mode, then choose the Rebuild Database option when the menu comes up. 

Let me know if you're still running into any freezing issues afterward please let me know. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 13 (384 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that, it didn’t help so I deleted the game and redowloaded it. Now I’m getting this. 

Message 9 of 13 (369 Views)

Community Manager

@PrimmMcSlim 

It sounds like there's something missing or corrupted in the game installation data. Unfortunately since there isn't a Repair option on PlayStation, it's most likely going to require a full reinstall of the game. 

I know that can be time consuming, but when you have the chance please try uninstalling and reinstalling Apex Legends. Let me know if you're still running into the same error or freezing issues after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 13 (339 Views)