Aspirations

by mercedesssss24

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Aspirations complete but don't show check mark

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue but with aspirations (or levels of aspirations) that have already been completed. So they may be working on level 3 of the aspiration but some of the items in level 1&2 have lost their ticks so they look as though they have not been completed. For aspirations I have fully completed I still have the reward trait for the sim, but half of the aspiration tasks have no tick next to them and the aspiration does not show as complete. I use no cc or mods and have not used cheats to complete aspirations. I have all games installed. This happened after the December patch.

Message 11 of 40 (1,701 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm also running into this as of the latest patch. Aspiration milestones that were previously completed now show unchecked, and those that required a count had it reset to zero. I've noticed this happening for only one of my Sims.

I did find out that for the ones that count interactions/statuses, an update will put the number in the right place.
Message 12 of 40 (1,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this a bug or something I’m having th same problem

Message 13 of 40 (1,674 Views)

★★ Guide

This has also been happening to me since the last patch. Tested without mods and CC.

Message 14 of 40 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'll give a me too.  I also noticed this after the Discover University patch.  As soon as I updated for Discover University, I immediately went to play a household & I did aspirations.complete_current_milestone for my new couple & I noticed that the aspirations completed & didn't show the checkmark.  I also tested it with and without mods.  Same result.  And to point out all my sims who I played that had all aspirations completed, didn't have the checkmark.  It's like I didn't even do it.

Message 15 of 40 (1,611 Views)

This has been happening to me, too. I've also been getting a strange one where it will show as completed but when I go to a different lot it isn't completed anymore. I've been using the aspirations.complete_current_milestone to get passed it but it's getting old.

Message 16 of 40 (1,580 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just a ditto to this issue, still happening, ended up adding cheats extension to bypass typing the cheat to correct it constantly.
Message 17 of 40 (1,558 Views)

Aspirations

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except maybe 3.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? My aspirations progress starts over.
What do you expect to see? The toddler’s hygiene bar to fill and then get out of the tub.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi !!! First, Thanks for this amazing outlet that is categorized as a game. I am having trouble with my aspirations on certain sims. When I travel to different lots with them my progress that I’ve made on my aspiration will start anew. Just wanted to let you know. Not a major problem but it kinda is lol. ❤️

Message 18 of 40 (1,578 Views)

Re: Aspirations

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mercedesssss24 Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Also don't understand the reference to the toddler hygenie bar.

There is this known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspirations-complete-but-don-t-show-check-mark/td-... .. not sure if that's what you mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 40 (1,533 Views)

Re: Aspirations

★★★ Guide

I recently had exactly that. I'm constantly changing their Aspirations to do tasks to gain points. As I keep whims hidden now because how unreliable buggy it is. Now this I can't remember the exact Aspiration that did it, but Tasks are Much more reliable than Whims.

Message 20 of 40 (1,522 Views)