Re: Aspirations

by crinrict

Original Post

Champion
@mercedesssss24 I've seen this in my game, although it's usually just a visual bug that happens after travelling to a non-home lot. The aspiration counters will reset to zero, but you actually haven't lost any progress. When you return home you should see that they all start showing the correct numbers again.
Message 21 of 40 (1,383 Views)

Hero
@mercedesssss24 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 40 (1,340 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Aspirations complete but don't show check mark

★★★ Newbie

Same thing for me. I have the University pack and my sim had the successful lineage aspiration. On the "read to child for two hours" the game never checked off the second hour read. I've restarted the game but that did nothing. I have no mods. Just a Sim who is a caring parent and had to reread "How I Dumped Your Father"  WAYYY to many times before I decided to use the cheat to move on. 

Message 23 of 40 (1,224 Views)

Hero
@lizzie4ebers Did it complete but you didn't get the check mark (this bug) or did it never go up to say 2/2 ?

If it's the second: Does it change when you travel somewhere or reload the game ?
Do you have any lastException errors in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 40 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Novice
@BumblingJuicebox That happened to me too, and figured I'd come back to those later to figure out what happened, but when I completed the one I set out to complete when I changed lots, the whole tier completed and moved on with only the one task I'd just completed checked. Ugh.
Message 25 of 40 (1,153 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’ve noticed this on PlayStation 4 with the beach life (can’t get a tan), spellcaster (doesn’t register winning magic duels), party animal (throwing ANY party but a birthday doesn’t seem to count), acting career isn’t working at all so can’t complete that aspiration ANYWAYS, it’s getting to the point where half the game doesnt work. And I can’t have MODS to mess my game up.

Message 26 of 40 (1,107 Views)

When I use aspirations.complete_current_milestone the progress is still not done

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to enter this code on any character and on any aspiration milestone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Tasks inside aspiration milestones still shown as not completed,
What do you expect to see? I would like all of my tasks on aspiration milestones to be fulfilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello! I have problems with the code aspirations.complete_current_milestone and with aspirations.

For example, if I do aspirations myself all shown properly, just like on the first pic with green completion marks.

But when I enter cheat code instead it shows me that there are still tasks to do and the progress is not completed.

Even if I try with the character to do tasks from there they still are shown with no progression.

So I really wanted to ask whether there is a way maybe to start the aspiration from the beginning because I didn't know it show like this, 

I have a lot of families and sometimes I used that code, really don't want to delete them but I rather prefer to see that everything is completed.

Could we solve the problem?

Maybe there is a mod for it?

Many thanks in advance!

Message 27 of 40 (1,157 Views)

Re: When I use aspirations.complete_current_milestone the progress is still not

Hero
@ValerieSvet Did you put testingcheats on first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 40 (1,140 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, ofc, in any other way the code simply doesn't work. 

Message 29 of 40 (1,137 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just want to start those aspirations I used cheat codes on from scratch so I could make all of the tasks myself to see them as completed. Is that possible?

Message 30 of 40 (1,123 Views)