by felker_s

Original Post

Armor vehicles show up as enemy on the radar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When playing on Crait on the First Order's side, the radar tends to show the friendly AT-ST as if enemies were in the vicinity.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Galactic Assault on Crait, and go near an AT-ST.
What happens when the bug occurs? The radar shows enemy activity when there isn't any.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I took this picture when there were absolutely no Resistance units nearby, they already had to flee to the next area. (That indicated kill happened somewhere offscreen with the sentry droid.)

2c923b37-0bab-4ddd-8600-54fd442910bb.PNG

[Edit: I've renamed the thread to include all vehicles from the Armor class since they all have the issue.]

Message 1 of 19 (1,778 Views)

Re: Crait: AT-ST shown as enemy on the radar (FO side)

★ Guide

I also had this bug today, exactly the same, with an AT-ST on Crait.

But I also had it on Kashyyyk, this time with an AAT.

I'm also on XBOX One.

Message 2 of 19 (1,694 Views)

★★ Guide
Last night I saw a bug that might be related. I was playing Galactic Assault on Starkiller Base as the First Order on PC, when two of my teammates (troopers) were outlined in red for a few seconds, as if they were enemies. I was playing with a friend at the time, and he said he saw the exact same thing.
Message 3 of 19 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Pro

@LOTR2013
Yes, I've experienced it with other vehicles since I've posted this.

@narion_k

Yep, the red outline on friendlies is a bug that is present ever since launch. Don't know if it's related though. But since these "legal wallhacks" (thermal bino, scan dart etc.) are bugged for the majority of the players, it's hard to pinpoint what's affecting what...

Message 4 of 19 (1,671 Views)

False Radar alert

★★★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug In this bug friendly armor is triggering your own radar as hostile.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look your own radar while being as infantry while your own armor is firing.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs your radar is alerter/triggered behind you however you want to say it. Even when there are no enemies behind or near you.
What do you expect to see? I expect not get my radar lighted up by my own armor when he is firing at enemies.
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Fix it.

Message 5 of 19 (1,607 Views)

Re: False Radar alert

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I've reported this way back, when the TLJ patch came out, and this was only bugged on Crait...

All that changed in a year is that it is now present on every map. As of today, it is also present on Geonosis, not just with Armor, but also Artillery class:

Névtelen.png

2.png

Message 6 of 19 (1,592 Views)

Re: False Radar alert

This is indeed a problem and has been in the game since launch. Would like to see a fix for this sometime soon. It really makes the radar less useful and more confusing on maps with vehicles.

Does this actually also happen with friendly speeder bikes? Never thought about that before.

Message 7 of 19 (1,563 Views)

★ Guide
Well this bug is still present, after over a year. I can't remember if it's still happening with AT-STs and AATs, but it is definitely occurring with the AT-TEs on Geonosis.
Message 8 of 19 (1,623 Views)

★ Guide
Is anyone else still getting this? It's very annoying.
Message 9 of 19 (1,561 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

@LOTR2013  @felker_s  @narion_k 

Are you still experiencing this in the latest update with the Count Dooku? 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 19 (1,536 Views)