[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 2080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fakooking
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting a death box
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Many
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Armor is once again spawning late in death boxes. This was the case for a long time until a few patches ago when a fix was applied and they were spawning instantly in death boxes (everyone rejoiced). However now it seems as if the fix was either accidentally removed from the code base, or something new broke it, because armor will sometimes appear 1-3 seconds after a person has died.
What should be happening instead? Armor should appear instantly in a deathbox
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Kill some players who have armor and instantly loot their death box when they die. Notice that armor isn't always instantly available as loot. This does not always happen, and I have decided it happens uncommonly, but if you consistently loot deathboxes right after someone dies, you should notice it happen at least once a play session. Example (small delay): https://clips.twitch.tv/ComfortableBoxyTireFloof

Armor is once again delayed in appearing within death boxes.  This was fixed a few patches ago, but the Season 2 update either broke or removed that fix.

Message 1 of 9 (441 Views)

Re: Armor spawning late in death boxes

★★★★ Apprentice

Bump... have seen others comment on this exact thing in chatting, hoping to hear acknowledgement from a Dev.

Message 2 of 9 (416 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bumping again.

Message 3 of 9 (393 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bump... just had a situation where I stared at the lootbox inventory for a few seconds before armor appeared.  Just looking for acknowledgement of the issue and that the previous fix that was implemented is going to be re-implemented or fixed again.

Message 4 of 9 (377 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 5 of 9 (364 Views)

Community Manager

I can't say I've noticed this, I guess I'm a slowpoke. We'll flag the issue as returned now. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 9 (357 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David Thank you for the response. It does not happen every time, so I can certainly understand not noticing it, but I can guarantee that it is back to happening intermittently. I tried to find a clip from a streamer as I remember watching it happen to Aceu once, but I can't remember when that was, and unfortunately I haven't been streaming Apex for the past couple months.

I'm still surprised I can't find any topics about it anywhere. I know others in chat have commented how they noticed it being back, as well as Aceu (and I imagine other streamers have noticed it too), but I think because it doesn't happen as often as before, it isn't being talked about as much.
Message 7 of 9 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DavidI found the following example just scrolling through Aceu's past broadcast. It's not the best example as the armor shows up fairly quick, but you'll see when he first opens the deathbox that it isn't there (he scrolls down right away so you'll have to pay close attention and use .25x speed). Again, this is just an example I could find to prove it's back to happening. This is not an example of a problem case as it appears in a few hundred milliseconds after opening loot screen, which is (almost) fine (in rare situations a few hundred ms can make a difference between life and death).

Like I said, it isn't as often as before the fix, and it doesn't always take a couple seconds, but it can happen.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernCloudyBillSuperVinlin

Edit: little better example https://clips.twitch.tv/ComfortableBoxyTireFloof

Message 8 of 9 (335 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Example of it happening in capsules as well https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyTiredQueleaDatSheffy

Message 9 of 9 (298 Views)