Arena Abandonment Penalty When We Did Not Abandon (Post June 3 Patch)

by PlSTOLSKlN

Original Post

Arena Abandonment Penalty When We Did Not Abandon (Post June 3 Patch)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? pistol_skin_fb
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? n/a
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Just finished an arenas game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Going back to lobby after winning arena
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/06/21 22:45
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? In the last round of the last game we played in arenas 2 of the enemy players quit. We killed the last player. We got the champions screen Going back to lobby 2 of us got the message that we had got an abandonment penalty We have now been blocked for 10 mins even though we won arenas and nobody on out team quit
What should be happening instead? You should only get the abandonment penalty if you quit arenas during the match not after the winner as declared
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Play arenas. 2) Once the winner is declared exit the champions award post match animations. 3) Also, possibly reproduce by getting 2 people to quit on the last game when your team will win the match, but more likely 2) above/

I was streaming when this happened and can clip a video of the issue to show that we definitely won and nobody on our team quit arena. The end of the game where we received the ban is here:

https://youtu.be/QjFXQxXAaLc

EDIT: I think the problem is caused because we exited the Champions winners footage at the end of the match. Players should not be penalised for leaving once the winners are declared. Once the match ends the winning team members and loosing team members should be able to quit the post winning animations without receiving an abandonment penalty.

Message 12 of 113 (2,568 Views)

ARENA BAN WHEN OTHER TEAM ABANDONED

★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Sereneti
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Ghost CROUSTI_NOOB
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Valk
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder Crypto
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main Menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Finishing game of arena
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2/3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/05/2021 23.42
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? played a game of arenas with my party of 3, only 2 people on opposing team, after 1 round one of them left the next round the second left, all 3 of my team/party remained in game but afterwards we received a 10 minute ban for abandoning game but none of us did, not sure if related to the new penalty on arena with update today
What should be happening instead? no ban
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? stop teams for getting banned when they have not abandoned game

as above

Message 1 of 113 (2,163 Views)

Re: ARENA BAN WHEN OTHER TEAM ABANDONED

★★ Novice

Wait so it's not just me?

Message 2 of 113 (2,139 Views)

Arena abandon penalty when other team quits

★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce 2070 Super
Enter RAM memory size in GB 64
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? jimi2dragoon
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. After arena game completed
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sitting in lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5/24/2021 21:30
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? Played an arena game, opponents team was 1 player, we were a full 3. We won round 1, opponent quit, we won. Upon returning to lobby I received an abandon game penalty, when I did not abandon.
What should be happening instead? No abandon penalty upon arena game completion.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play against a team of 1, they quit after 1 round, win, return to lobby.

Played an arena game, opponents team was 1 player, we were a full 3. We won round 1, opponent quit, we won. Upon returning to lobby I received an abandon game penalty, when I did not abandon.

Message 3 of 113 (1,960 Views)

Re: Abandon penalty in arenas lmaoooo

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@AddSolossRespawnI mean Arenas did need penalties, I kept leaving myself but once I get a penalty or 2 it should sink in I just hope they change the ‘’leave game’’ button so its not as similiar to BR... because thats going to be an issue you just pause on a controller and hit x or A twice in half a second without even thinking about it while on rogue company you have to physically go down 3-4 options and then click it to see a warning message and usually by then you don’t want to click it anymore but on apex its literally pause and you leave the game instantly and its just too easy to leave when your raging

Message 4 of 113 (1,912 Views)

Re: Arena abandon penalty when other team quits

★★ Novice
@jimi2dragoon Has happened twice to me. Both times the opposing squad quit and disconnected from the game resulting in a default win, waited for the summary screen to appear before leaving, but received penalties both times.

It's worth noting that the final screen showed "leave match" as if the match was still in progress despite being on the summary screen. It seems that the game does not consider a game "complete" if all opposing players quit.

I don't even know of any work arounds in the case this happens. It seems that if the game ends this way, you will get the penalty unless you are not in a premade and wait for one of your teammates to leave first.

This has happened both with 1 opponent and 3 opponents leaving the game. Both with penalties.
Message 5 of 113 (1,896 Views)

i got penalized without leaving

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? racer5012
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. ortnick
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? crypto
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. victory screen for areanas
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. we won the game prematurly
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3 ranked then it happened on the 1st areanas
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.25.2021 10:00 central time
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? we won the game then got a leaving penalty for 10 min
What should be happening instead? we can just play another game without a penalty
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea maybe have the other squad leave in arenas

i was crossplay with a pc player

Message 6 of 113 (2,098 Views)

Re: ARENA BAN WHEN OTHER TEAM ABANDONED

★★★★★ Newbie
@Serenetiix This is a game full of bugs, it's always been buggy, and every patch they introduce yet another bug. This one is perhaps the most annoying so far. EA: STOP FORCING YOUR DEVELOPERS TO RELEASE EARLY AND INVEST IN A PROPER QUALITY CONTROL PROCESS IT'S 2021 FOR THE LOVE OF BOB.
Message 7 of 113 (2,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had this exact issue on the PS4 version, both my squad mates received the penalty, but I didn’t because I left after them. This needs a patch fast before people get day or week long penalties just for leaving a game they won.

Message 8 of 113 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So * annoying! That happened to me too and it legit pissed me off! Wtf, completely ruined my experience and groove. Not my fault they quit! I recorded it and want respawn to know this is unacceptable! Complete BS!!! 

Message 9 of 113 (1,823 Views)