Re: Arcanist & Sentinel Archives

by kRISLi122

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@Fer-SH-1979 I can confirm that your method works you are a hero, you have to make the route of the cave, I have to go for 15-16 collectibles of it, and this will help the bugg of the collectibles disappear and count all the missing collectables when the pick up
Message 41 of 61 (1,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also want to confirm that the method works. And once the archives actually start to count you can change servers and it will keep on counting. I had 2 left to go but the server expired so I had to join a new one and it picked up right where I left off. If the archives spawn in the cave just keep collecting them until they start to count and you're good.

Platform: PS4

Message 42 of 61 (1,680 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Fer-SH-1979 I will give it another try tomorrow, I really hope it works!

I will report back here if it does and hail you as an Anthem hero for all time Standard smile
Message 43 of 61 (1,659 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can also confirm @Fer-SH-1979's method. I finished arcanist using this method. Moved onto sentinels and my server expired at 5/25. I reloaded into a GM2 to finish and it bugged out again so I'm guessing GM3 is actually required.

Loaded back into GM3 and I had to farm about 20 before sentinel started working again but then finished the challenge! 

Message 44 of 61 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Novice
Congratulations gamers !!!
Message 45 of 61 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've tested this again and spent about 40mins flying through the tunnel on GM3 and it's still bugged

Message 46 of 61 (1,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@reptronboyI got the Arcanists completed! the dude is on to something, but I literally spent 1h30mins flying a route thru the tunnel and out past some caves at the bottom of the map and warping back to the fort tarsis spawn, and eventually it worked! The first time it happened another guy picked up the intel while I stood next to it but Im not sure thats what triggered it, I think you have to get it all in one session like Fer-SH posted and its probably best if nobody else is doing the run since if they pick it up and you are not reasonably close then it wont give it to you both (I was at the cave mouth and they picked it up at the first camp from the cave and it counted). I ended up just waiting by the intel and letting the other guy pick it up each time. Whenever you get a cortex update you know either sentinel or arcanist intel has been picked up (so long as thats the only 2 you have ofc) but its not really clear which unless you go in to the cortex and check what it says, even then good luck telling what sort it is from the story text ;P

But the truth is, it works!!! It takes bloody ages and considering you only have 2 hours you may not pick up enough in one playthrough and it may need to be triggered by someone else picking it up as well :S
After the arcanist intel was counting up again I could leave the session (I got booted cos the server ended and I had 22/25 arcanist intels) and I came back in and completed it on a second freeplay session. I will post the pics up so people can see.

Now just to spend who knows how long trying to pick up enough sentinel intel to get it to trigger and finally I can put this awful bugged challenge behind me. The things we do for fun eh?

Thank you @Fer-SH-1979 you are an Anthem Hero!!! Standard smile

Edit: Iv now got all the Sentinel intel and completed the explorer challenge. It only took me 1h30m again, although the sentinel intel I picked up since unbugging the arcanist intel counts towards the total needed to unbug the sentinel intel. In the last run I only picked up 7 sentinel intel before it started counting again which sounds about right, as I remember picking up about 4-5 in the previous 2 runs and I had 15/25 sentinel intel bugged.

Message 47 of 61 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PS4(JP ver) has the same problem.

I stopped Arcanist at 3/25 and Sentinel Archives at 1/25.

Message 48 of 61 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ok so I had another got at following @Fer-SH-1979's advice. I flew through the tunnel repeatedly and counted the amount of notes I was picking up. Eventually after around 45 of them, they started counting toward the arcanist archives challenge. Once the number started going up, every note was an arcanist archive, so it completed pretty quickly.

I continued for another hour or so until the server shut down, but didn't manage to get any progress on the sentinel challenge.

I'll try again in a bit when my brain less numbed!

Edit - Finally finished the sentinels challenge! Took around another 2 hours to complete, but got there in the end. Clearly there is a definite bug with these challenges, but turns out persistence eventually pays off! Thank you @Fer-SH-1979!!!

Message 49 of 61 (6,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Confirmed, It's works on GM3 - already claimed platinium

Message 50 of 61 (1,407 Views)