Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Freeplay
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Freeplay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.10.19 20:00
Summarize your bug Trying to complete the Sentinel and Arcanist Archive challenges, but they're both stuck on 7/25. Every time I pick one up, all I get is Champion of Tarsis XP. It doesn't progress the challenge
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into freeplay on any character
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens
What should be happening instead? It should advance the challenge

I've seen that others have similar problems

Message 1 of 61 (7,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Arcanist & Sentinel Archives

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ok so I had another got at following @Fer-SH-1979's advice. I flew through the tunnel repeatedly and counted the amount of notes I was picking up. Eventually after around 45 of them, they started counting toward the arcanist archives challenge. Once the number started going up, every note was an arcanist archive, so it completed pretty quickly.

I continued for another hour or so until the server shut down, but didn't manage to get any progress on the sentinel challenge.

I'll try again in a bit when my brain less numbed!

Edit - Finally finished the sentinels challenge! Took around another 2 hours to complete, but got there in the end. Clearly there is a definite bug with these challenges, but turns out persistence eventually pays off! Thank you @Fer-SH-1979!!!

View in thread

Message 49 of 61 (6,841 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem spent 10 hours yesterday in freeplay trying to finish these 2 challenges arcanist archives and sentinal and every time I collect them the progress bar don't move all I get is fort  Tarsis exp. Plz fix I would like to finish my platinum

I'm on ps4

Message 2 of 61 (7,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@reptronboy@clover-cursedThis could be a visual bug. It might be tedious, but you could collect them 25 times to see if the challenge completes.

Also, check the challenge progress when you are inside Fort Tarsis, and not while in freeplay to see if they show any changes.

Message 3 of 61 (7,234 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have done all that many times still the same outcome.

Message 4 of 61 (7,227 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@redlightarc1I must have collected 100 of each and it's still reading 7/25 for both, over weeks of trying

Message 5 of 61 (7,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem,I collected everything,but archives I collect only 1/25 (and nothing helped (Already played more than 100hours

Message 6 of 61 (7,193 Views)

★★★ Novice
My problem is similar. Only counts the Champion of Tarsis XP. I've been looking for it all weekend... but nothing. I'am on xbox. Please fix it!
Message 7 of 61 (7,167 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep. I got all 25 sentinel archives but am now permanently stuck on 10/25 arcanist ones. Even made a new pilot but that didn't work.

Message 8 of 61 (7,148 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing here on PS4.

I even checked online to see the locations where they usually appear, like down to the left in the tunnel from Fort Tarsis outside the Yvenias vault. They are meant to work if there are either Sentinels or Arcanists standing next to it which I have had on both occasions. This is not graphical only either as I have had more than 25 of each and come out of Freeplay, where it still shows the same amount for both.

The Dominion intel worked fine, I came in and out of Freeplay and they tallied up just fine and completed. Got the Scar and Outlaw intel done too.

The Arcanist and Sentinel intel will not count and I have picked up so very, very many of them. It even comes up with "added to cortex" but no increase in the challenge count, just xp. This is all I need for distinguished explorer and its very frustrating. I started a new pilot and still the same problem, which I had to do this to complete the Runes or Idris etc challenge.

For the Runes, I even checked a youtube video of ALL locations and went around each one, took me 3 hours and the runes were simply not there. So then I made the new pilot and the runes completed (thankfully), but not the Arcanist or Sentinel challenges.

Merediths peer completed ok.

This is so frustrating, please fix it Bioware!

Message 9 of 61 (7,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here on PS4. Stucked on 9/25 in both archanist and sentinel archives. Have already made a new pilot, changed difficult and more. Nothing works.

Message 10 of 61 (7,081 Views)