Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on?
What was your chosen difficulty level? Normal
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Challeneges/Exploration/Bastion Collectibles/Vassa's Triumph
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug 3 Exploration Challenges where you need to collect 80 Arcanist Runes. Some runes didn't register and none left to collect.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Arcanist Rune doesn't go to challenge progress.
What should be happening instead? Runes should register toward progress.

I have been collecting Arcanist Runes, but some of them gave only reputation, but no challenge progress. Now I have checked several guieds - I have found all runes in the world (more than 80 actually), but I'm still 79/80, thus I'm locked from progress in many challeneges.

Message 1 of 18 (1,635 Views)

Re: Arcanist Runes not registering toward challenge progress

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

There's more than a few bugs with progress tracking associated with Arcanist Runes.

There are some runes underground Monument Watch that give Arcanist Reputation and credit towards "Footsteps of Idris" but don't actually track in the UI.

Interacting with these runes in addition to interacting with the Arcanist Runes that do track with "Footsteps of Idris" will cause the Cortex entry for "Arcanist Runes" to reset repeatedly (updated entries will be deleted).

Edit - I have collected 80 / 80 Arcanist Runes and then some, but the Cortex entry is not displayed in full.

Message 2 of 18 (1,618 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’ve experienced the same issue on the PS4 with multiple runes. They don’t add to the library entries or count toward the challenge progress.
Message 3 of 18 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem I did recollect all runes in a guide then only have 46-50 Vassa's Triumph some arcanist rune doesn't count on ps4 please fix this bug I did spend more 2 hours finding these things I am feel loss my time,sorry for bad English thank you for your time.

Message 4 of 18 (1,595 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep. I'm also stuck at 46/50. It seems there's about 20 or so runes located in Hidden Places, but only 4-5 of them actually give credit. All the outdoor ones have worked for me.

Message 5 of 18 (1,537 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have the same problem, I'm stuck at 45/50 runes, so a total of 75/80.
I used the following guide to verify the problem: Anthem 80 Arcanist Rune Locations

There are actually 5 runes missing to get the success, but which are no longer there because I have already collected them. The problem occurred when I had collected 20/20 runes in the second part, then found 5 more, but they weren't counted. At the next start of a new Freeplay the counter started at 1/50, so the 5 runes were not counted afterwards. I think the problem is the transition of the success from x/20 to x/50. This could also explain the different number of missing runes for different players.

Greetings,
Zodiac

Message 6 of 18 (1,508 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Can confirm, bugged hard stuck at 78/80 and no runes are left. Didnt get credit for picking up 2 runes.

Message 7 of 18 (1,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem here. I have picked up all extra runes that I could find in hidden places and I am still stuck at 79/80, where it should be more like 95/80. That and the heavy pistol challenge I didn't register towards the trophy on PS4. This is becoming more than frustrating.

Message 8 of 18 (1,362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same for all dungeon runes for me. Not picking them anymore in hope of a fix, may be even during this year.
Message 9 of 18 (1,356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wonder if we will be requested to make a video of checking each and every Arcanist  Rune location to prove to technical Support that we actually collected them all and did not get a credit for some of them? 44/50  checked all 80 places from video, re-checked every instance on map, witnessed how Rune in The Core did not added to the challenge progress...

Message 10 of 18 (1,247 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help