Arcade Mode Starfighter Battles have nots flying away.

by dudedude319

Original Post

Arcade Mode Starfighter Battles have nots flying away.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Whenever the game starts, the AI starfighters fly straight out of the boundaries of the map and continue flying straight. In a 10 v 10 match, there will usually only end up being me and 2 enemy bots remaining a few minutes in. This make Starfighter Onslaught also unplayable, as the 2 remaining starfighers do not resplendent fast enough.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DudeDude319
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 12/19/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 01:20 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I simply log into the game, start up either one of the starfighter arcade modes at any map and see the bug occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever the game starts, the AI starfighters fly straight out of the boundaries of the map and continue flying straight. In a 10 v 10 match, there will usually only end up being me and 2 enemy bots remaining a few minutes in. This make Starfighter Onslaught also unplayable, as the 2 remaining starfighers do not resplendent fast enough.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the bots fly within the boundaries of the map and engage in the dogfight instead of flying into the distance.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number I’m unsure about this answer.

The effect on the game may end up with me being the last one on the map by the time I reduce their fighter numbers by half.

Message 1 of 7 (1,994 Views)

Re: Arcade Mode Starfighter Battles have nots flying away.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @dudedude319

We've got this problem reported before. I'll bump the case.

Thank you for your post! Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue.
Message 3 of 7 (1,837 Views)

★ Guide

I just played a team match of starfighter arcade (10v10) on the PC. Half of the time AI bots were outside the map boundaries. I could not chase them without leaving map boundaries myself. Would really appreciate if you could either increase the boundaries a bit or improve AI so it won't leave the current boundaries.

Also for some reason I had another bug were some friendly AI bots would attack their own team

Message 4 of 7 (1,765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This issue only occurs for me when I select rebels, resistance of republic , if I choose dark side factions the Ai  spawns are good and the battles seem much improved from before but if you select light side factions the Ai is at the far end of the maps practically out of bounds and the only thing that attacks me is turbo lasers from the opposing capital ships 

Message 5 of 7 (1,745 Views)

★ Guide
I played as the Empire on Fondor and the Rebels would fly out of boundaries too. So it's not a faction issue.
Message 6 of 7 (1,719 Views)

★★★★ Novice
happened also as darkside on kamino, 4 vs 10 enemy, 100 frags, as soon as I have reduced them to 80 or a bit less, 3 enemy AIs went outside boundaries but I could see them suspended but unreachable. No other AIs were even in visual range. Dying by turbo cannons, turrets or sucide did not made AI come closer. Had to end match.

On restarting a match I did not experience same problem
Message 7 of 7 (1,693 Views)