Arc star explosion deals no damage

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia 750 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? slowlyweR0t
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Hydro Dam
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Throwing arc
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? alot
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 28.02.2019 21:30 GMT+3
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? explosion dealt no damage
What should be happening instead? explosion deals damage right?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know try on test server maybe? throw arc each other lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwyVbx3Tx2Q

Message 3 of 12 (1,458 Views)

Arc Star Zero Damage on explosion

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? zGamefreak
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. CodyGShep
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Mirage
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The small town immediately west of bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Throwing an arc star
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? idk
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17.2.19
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? The Arc Star does no damage on explosion
What should be happening instead? The Arc Star should be doing damage on explosion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure as this rarely happens. I've had it happen twice so far, one of which I have a video of.

I was playing as Wraith when I saw a Lifeline. I threw an arc star at her and stuck her, shot her a few times so she wouldn't have any armor and would go down from the explosion. Turns out the arc star did zero damage and just left me and my friend baffled after. Definitely a gameplay issue that should be looked into.

Video of the issue: https://youtu.be/zNIddbXqiNc

Message 1 of 12 (1,398 Views)

Arc star sticky problem

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 960gtx
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? dragonkid1337
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? lifeline
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. skull town
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. having a fight against another team
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? a few
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.02.2019 5:00pm central roughly
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When i threw a Arc star and stuck a lifeline it was stuck in the middle of the air, and she was able to walk away and take no damage when it was suppose to be stuck to her body. we lost the fight because of this (also she was next to her teammates)
What should be happening instead? Arc star should be stuck in the body of the person it hits and follows them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? maybe see how often a arc star when sticks to a person stays on the person or if they move stays in the air where they were stuck at.

was fighting a group and turned a corner and threw arc star, i got a damage indicator and a hit marker when it hit the player, it then exploded in the middle of the air where i stuck them, instead of staying stuck on the person.

Message 2 of 12 (1,326 Views)

Arc Star Direct Impact No Damage

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Unclemumbles
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith and Lifeline
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. This is game wide
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Stuck enemy with Arc Star
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 9
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.03.19 4:01 among other instances
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When an enemy is direct impacted by an Arc Star it does a very ambiguous amoung of impact damage and then does not do explosion damage. This has happened more than 3 different times in the last 24 hours and has lost kill secures because of it each time. For reference the last time this happened the entire Arc Star + explosion did 42 damage on the enemy and it did not down them either. This is a major flaw.
What should be happening instead? Arc Star should do full direct impact damage and explosion damage
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test Arc Star DI scenarios to see if its replicable, especially when teammate is reviving a downed enemy when stuck with Arc Star.

Fix this pls, it's not fun being punished for taping Arc Stars to people's heads.

Message 4 of 12 (1,276 Views)

Arc star glitch

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number dual evga nvidia geforce 980ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? tricky2fs
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. zdestro1, lethal_bacon014
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? lifeline wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. airbase, other
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. in fight
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 040419
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What happens when the bug occurs? stick enemy with arc star, explosion does not go off or slow, i clipped it if you want to see, i've had it happen before but didn't clip. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406318684
What should be happening instead? 120 dmg
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk, it might happen if you do dmg to the person stuck, i hit them with the Mozambique

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406318684

Message 5 of 12 (1,286 Views)

Re: Arc star glitch

Community Manager

Weird that didn't explode. Seems like a pretty rare bug and we'll keep an eye out for more reports to find a pattern. Thanks for submitting the clip, @tricky2fs!

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,262 Views)

Re: Arc star glitch

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me the last two times I stuck someone, once today and once sometime last week. I don't record so I don't have it as a video, but I'll start now and upload clips once I get them. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,212 Views)

Arc Star damage not accurate

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080GTX
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Dekoolgg
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The buildings between Bunker and Airbase
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Fighting a mirage
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? All of my matches, first time noticing at least
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.16.2019 21:45 PST (estimated)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? I threw an Arc Star at an opponent, it indicated I did 50 damage on impact. After a few seconds it exploded, indicating I did 70 damage. I should have done 120 damage for the match, since I died shortly after without doing additional damage. The end game screen showed me as having done 85 damage (if I remember correctly)
What should be happening instead? The end game screen should show me having 120 damage.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Practice throwing Arc Stars at someone, land it, let it explode, and then die immediately and see what the end game screen ends up saying.

Is there anywhere the Arc Star effects and exact numbers are documented? I've read different things about it and they're not consistent. 

Message 8 of 12 (1,260 Views)

Re: Arc Star damage not accurate

Community Manager

Hey all,

I moved your posts together into one to help us track this. Thank you for submitting the video examples and details. If you come across any more examples please feel free to keep adding them here.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 12 (1,234 Views)

Re: Arc Star damage not accurate

★★★ Newbie

Arcstar stuck for 60 damage, blew up for no damage.

https://imgur.com/a/MrHZ22U

Message 10 of 12 (1,189 Views)