Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Applied skin details are not saved/removed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Enter CAS to edit existing sim. 2. Switch to any outfit that is different than the first everyday one. 3. Apply skin details. 4. Click "Play" and see that applied skin details were not saved after exiting CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Skin details can only be applied if you stay in the first everyday outfit, otherwise they will not be saved after exiting CAS.
What do you expect to see? Applied skin details must be saved regardless of the outfit in which they were applied while editing sim in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.90.358 or 1.90.375

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 54 (12,019 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skin details disappearing

Hero

Sims will now keep skin details added while on Outfit Categories besides Everyday when re-entering Create a Sim. You’re you regardless of your clothing choices
○ Child, Toddler, and Infants are being a little stubborn when it comes to birthmarks which we are continuing to look into, but as long as birthmarks are selected while on the Everyday Outfit Category, they will keep their birthmarks

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 54 of 54 (3,637 Views)

All Replies

Re: Applied skin details are not saved after exiting CAS

★★★ Newbie

Started having this exact issue last night when making new sims for my save. Switching to any other outfit removes all skin details. I had to redo them all several times and it was super frustrating!

Message 2 of 54 (11,875 Views)

Re: Applied skin details are not saved after exiting CAS

★★★ Newbie

Same thing, really frustrating how buggy the sims is

Message 3 of 54 (11,697 Views)

Scars keep disappearing

★★ Novice

So...lately I've been trying to apply facial scars to a sim, particularly those from the werewolf pack...and the minute that I confirm it and return from CAS? It just dissapears from them as if it were never selected. Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Message 4 of 54 (11,126 Views)

CAS Problem - skin details change after editing

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you go into CAS and put some Skin details, they Are gone and have changed
What happens when the bug occurs? If you go into CAS and put some Skin details, they Are gone and have changed
What do you expect to see? If you go into CAS and put some Skin details, they Are gone and have changed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 30.08.2022

image.jpgThis happens after editing HERE CAN U SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER

Message 5 of 54 (11,019 Views)

Re: Scars keep disappearing

★★★ Apprentice
@Discospider44 I have the Same Problems. I wrote with an EA Supporter and he told me hat this is a Popularität Problem at the Moment. Hate it. I Hope they dont need months to fix it
Message 6 of 54 (10,982 Views)

Re: Scars keep disappearing

★★★ Apprentice
@JeniJenfred Sorry I meant popular problem
Message 7 of 54 (10,981 Views)

Skin details won't STAY ON

★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living Get Famous Seasons Realm of Magic Jungle Adventure Paranormal Nifty Knitting Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, select any skin detail
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I select a skin overlay or skin detail, it disappears whenever I switch outfits, switch sims in CAS, or upon exiting CAS.
What do you expect to see? My skin details to stay on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch is on August 30th.

Without my skin details and overlays, this game is unplayable. 

Message 8 of 54 (10,927 Views)

Skin details disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to skin details and try to select multiple
What happens when the bug occurs? Skin details disappear after selecting anything else.
What do you expect to see? My skin details to stay on the sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update 8-30-2022

Ever since the update on the 30th my skin details have been acting up. Whenever I put a skin detail on a sim it will disappear from the sim after I select anything else. It will also not be removed if I click the x in the corner. In the past I have been able to put multiple skin details such as wrinkles and beauty marks on at the same time, but with this bug they disappear upon selection. I have mods but this occurs even after I run a vanilla game and only select EA’s skin details. I have tried repairing the game and deleting the sims folder (minus saves and tray) but neither have seemed to help. I do not have any last exceptions coming through either. Please help Frown

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 9 of 54 (10,942 Views)

Re: Skin details disappearing

★★★ Novice
@allegoryofcolor Update: this is only happening with my occult sims (aka mermaids, vamps, etc)
Message 10 of 54 (3,826 Views)