Appex Legends Crashing to Desktop without Error

★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Sapphire AMD Radeon RX480 4 GB Nitro
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Vinko1911
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Happens with any Legend, but let's say Lifeline for the last crash
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Can't remember
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It generally happens everywhere, but this time it was somewhere with lots of sand
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Literally just running
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not sure if 0 or 1 after the last crash
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Around 09.02.2019. 21:30 CET (+1)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen freezes for a second or two and I get sent on my desktop without any error messages
What should be happening instead? Not freezing and crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It doesn't have a specific thing that causes it. I can just run around with Lifeline, I could cast Bangalore's ability, just slide downhill with Gibraltar or casting Wraith's ability.

The game crashes randomly during a match.

But I did notice it happens more in the evening than it does around noon (CET) if it even happened then. Wondering

And also I did play ok for first day or two.

No error message is displayed on crash, starts with a freeze in game then a return to desktop and game closes right after.

Message 1 of 91 (7,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Appex Legends Crashing to Desktop without Error

★★★★★ Apprentice

For anyone still having the issue, try going into your sound icon on bottom right > righ click > Sound > Playback and disable any output device not in use (don't forget to right click show all disconnected / deactivated devices).

@Vinko1911 @kriskorss @flyingturtle665 @Pixie_Knight2 

Haven't had any crash for a while with this method

i3-8100

RX470 4GB

W10

View in thread

Message 8 of 91 (7,194 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
i have exactly the same problem and i`ve seen 0 solutions
Message 2 of 91 (7,405 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Happened now again around 13:00 CET, so there goes that that I can play in the morning, early afternoon :D

Just got revived by Bangalore, I was Lifeline

Message 3 of 91 (7,342 Views)

★★ Apprentice

15:21 CET, I was playing as lifeline and my ult was just about to get to 100%  (it was on 99%) when it crashed

I was playing with Bloodhound in my team, third guy left (or also crashed lol)

Message 4 of 91 (7,293 Views)

★★ Novice

I find it happens most frequently when I'm the Jumpmaster. Which is annoying, because I'm a GOOD Jumpmaster.

Message 5 of 91 (7,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

im mostly crashing when im in top 5 also while i stream with shadowplay Pepehands

Message 6 of 91 (7,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here minus the streaming part. But it always happens whenever im doing good in a game, or getting good loot.

Message 7 of 91 (7,219 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For anyone still having the issue, try going into your sound icon on bottom right > righ click > Sound > Playback and disable any output device not in use (don't forget to right click show all disconnected / deactivated devices).

@Vinko1911 @kriskorss @flyingturtle665 @Pixie_Knight2 

Haven't had any crash for a while with this method

i3-8100

RX470 4GB

W10

Message 8 of 91 (7,195 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@pijcab  I just played ~10 games (won 2 of them, so it means ~20 minutes ones) and it didn't crash at all. I would like to gather bigger sample, but this seems to be a solution.

Thing is, we weren't suppose to do this to fix the problem, developers should fix it on their side...

Message 9 of 91 (7,111 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Vinko1911 wrote:

@pijcab  I just played ~10 games (won 2 of them, so it means ~20 minutes ones) and it didn't crash at all. I would like to gather bigger sample, but this seems to be a solution.

Thing is, we weren't suppose to do this to fix the problem, developers should fix it on their side...

I think this is an actual solution, haven't had ANY crashed for the last 10-15 hours of gameplay (even though it looks like it doesn't work for everyone : my friends are still having crashes while having very similiar PC specs to mine).

I agree with you and also what bothers me is that you are the first person to respond me back after trying this fix...

I've contacted the community managers directly to shine some light to this game ending bug, fingers crossed.

Message 10 of 91 (7,086 Views)