[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? OnePlus 6t
OS Version Android 9, oxygen 9.0.12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 213525384
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug After a battle, such as arena or grand arena starts, the game freezes and I cannot progress further without crashing the app and restarting. This happens usually about 10-30 seconds after the start of a battle after a few turns have been taken. In this case it happened 45 seconds in This has happened dozens of times now and had cost me crystal refreshes in arena in the past, and now has cost me winning a grand arena battle, I'm sick of this *.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start an arena battle and continue the battle for max 1 minute. Will freeze and no other moves are possible. Upon restarting the app, works fine until the next crash another day. Happens both on wifi and mobile
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country New Zealand

Many other screenshots I can find if needed, just the move ready to go really..

Screenshot_20190406-120834.jpg
Message 1 of 22 (2,174 Views)

Re: App freezes at random times in battle, forced crash required to fix

★★★★ Novice

An opportune time to say that I would've contributed revenue toward getting Malak if this bug was fixed, or acknowledged. It has not, so I will not.

Message 2 of 22 (2,073 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Barhilo and sorry to hear that.

Have you already completed the available troubleshooting steps from or help article?

Message 3 of 22 (2,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_HighCommand ,

Yes I have, which is the reason why I waited after the dozens of times before logging this issue, instead of after the first couple. I'll list through them, starting with my scenario

I was originally using an LG V20 with Android OS Oreo. I started encountering the problem on that device and while trying to run through different problems with trying to resolve that (at various times) it unfortunately slipped and cracked the screen. It was starting to slow down so it was time to replace anyway, so I replaced it with the Oneplus 6T

Given that the Oneplus 6T is a brand new device, I downloaded all the updates and security stuff, migrated all the old info from my old phone too. I'll list the troubleshooting steps below from the link you provided:

• Delete unused apps & clear cache
    • Not really a problem especially on a new phone as there's a lot of space available, but essentially did this by migrating to a new, empty phone too (the migration process was an import rather than a copy/paste)
  • Latest update
    • Yes
  • Screen not responding
    • The screen in the app isn't responding, I can operate the rest of the phone without a problem
  • App won't download
    • Not relevant, app downloads
  • Close background apps
    • My most recent occurrence I had 4 apps running as well, I'm hoping that these 4 apps won't consume 8GB of ram, in any case, none of them were games other than SWGOH
  • Restart app
    • Yes, this resolves the problem I encountered, but the problem keeps occurring without a restart
  • Force restart device
    • Same as above, does cause a new instance to work, but as an example I force restarted yesterday and just ran into the problem again minutes ago
  • Mobile connection
    • The connection loss gives a different error message, but doesn't freeze the screen. In any case, the connection is secure and happens on both mobile and wifi
  • Clear cache and data
    • Again, new mobile, but I can try clear cache and data again
  • Update Android version
    • not necessary.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 22 (2,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here with my Sony Xperia XZ2 compact.
I have lost many teams in GA/TW and I have lost many attempts in Fleet or Squad arenas.
In my case, it can happen randomly at any time of the battle, even in the initial animation of fleets before anybody makes a move.
Really annoying.

Message 5 of 22 (2,040 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cleared my cache and had a nice run of a couple of days when it didn't freeze out. Alas, i got it again at a most inopportune time.

Screenshot_20190422-144319.jpg
Message 6 of 22 (1,979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And the result of the current ignorance is a certain win is turned into a loss. In previous grand arena as this meant a matchup loss. Should I keep a count of how many times, and how many crystals this bug costs me?

Screenshot_20190422-144835.jpg
Message 7 of 22 (1,976 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happened again today and cost me 50 crystals to refrehr as a result

Screenshot_20190423-151849.jpg
Message 8 of 22 (1,949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And now again, minutes later. Making the problem worse???

Screenshot_20190423-155535.jpg
Message 9 of 22 (1,945 Views)

★★ Novice

Same with iPad iOS. I found other threads about this

Message 10 of 22 (1,893 Views)