Re: Apex legends freezes the moment before the ship.

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Apex legends freezes the moment before the ship.

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX 5700 XT
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AStR0LLaS_S
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Doesn't matter. I heard from nobody with the same issue as me.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Doesn't matter.
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Doesn't matter.
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Right at the moment before we are on the ship.(When the apex logo that has a circle that is closing).
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Some times alt tabbing, other times nothing.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4, but i dont think it matters.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 8/1/2020 Date doesnt matter though it happens daily
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen freezes. After that i get informed that i got disconnected from the game by my teamates(discord). When i alt tab the game freezes back to the character selection screen ( that happens when it has already frozen on the moment just before going to the ship.) I hear from the headphones the music of the character selection screen constantly playing on the background. The game then can't be shutdown with the only exception of ->ctrl-alt-delete and shutting it down from task manager. Not even alt+f4 works. The game becomes unresponsive but no window pops up to close it no matter how many times i click.
What should be happening instead? It should load the game properly.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do testing with different processors and ram just before the time the game loads to the ship.

Help me Frown

Message 1 of 4 (930 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @AStR0LLaS_S

Thanks for writing this up. This issue is something that the Apex Legends team is currently tracking and working on getting fixed. In the meantime we've heard that you can get around this by alt-tabbing after choosing your Legend, then wait until everyone is in the dropship. You should then be able to bring the game back up and play the round normally. 

Thanks for your patience while this is under investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (829 Views)

★★★ Novice

after changing processor, ram and motherboard i no longer have this issue. Maybe the hardware had problems?

Message 3 of 4 (696 Views)

Community Manager

@AStR0LLaS_S 

Hmm, maybe. I wonder if it might have only been affecting certain chipsets? Thanks for following up and letting me know that it's not happening to you anymore. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (677 Views)