Apex freezing on loading/transition screens

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX-1060 3GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8Gb ddr4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PaniniRS
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith and Octane
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. From champ select going into a match when the apex legends banners show up
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading into the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05/02/20 4pm
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen just freezes and becomes unresponsive and you're disconnected to a match, if you try to alt-tab at this stage and come back to the game window then the whole screen goes black and you will have to tend the task in order to exit the game window.
What should be happening instead? There should not be an issue when loading into the game, all of my other games load fine.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cpu I5-7400 I'm guessing it runs at 100% when loading into the game and blocks itself somehow from continuing the loading.

When the loading screen with the banners appear the game just freezes 50% of the time i play, its frustrating because it kills my motive to play further knowing that i might get a disconnect penalty when im not responsible for the problems that occur, usually it almost certainly will happen on my first game, the legend doesnt matter because sometimes it occurs even before the legend select screen.

Message 1 of 8 (1,271 Views)

Re: Apex freezing on loading/transition screens

Community Manager

Hey @PaniniRS

This is an issue that the Apex Legends team has been tracking for a while. I'm afraid we don't have a time frame on when it may be fixed, but in the meantime we've heard about a workaround that might help. 

Next time you play try alt-tabbing the game after you choose your Legend. Wait until everyone is in the dropship, then bring the game back up. It should let you play the match without the game freezing up. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,238 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I didn't even see the character selection screen,
All the errors poped-out, and then the game FROZE, for the 4th time today. Giving me, when i logged in again a Stop priority for 87 minutes...

THIS IS BAD

Respawn should work on this issue, cause it's impossible to play this game nowaday. This game keep crashing from Season 1.

Message 3 of 8 (1,229 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Will a cpu upgrade fix the problem by any chance? Im looking into getting a ryzen 5 3600 or waiting for the 4600.
Message 4 of 8 (1,224 Views)

★ Apprentice

It might not be PC but I just now bluescreened the second time in 2 hours on Ps5. I have now got a 45 minute penalty after getting an error code yesterday.

At this rate I'll get a ban  for a day for something I cant control. Apex legends is also my only application that crashes. 

I don't really care about the loss forgiveness or my ranked points. I want. To play. Your game. 

Please help me with this problem.

I already initialized my PS4 and reinstalled the game. I also invest a lot of money and time into this game.

My gamerID is: Bomberday on ps4

Message 5 of 8 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PaniniRS wrote:
@EA_Kent Will a cpu upgrade fix the problem by any chance? Im looking into getting a ryzen 5 3600 or waiting for the 4600.

I'm not sure if this is something hardware specific. From what I remember it seems to be affecting different CPUs, so I'm not sure if a hardware upgrade would address this unfortunately. 

@xXBomber-BfdXx wrote:

It might not be PC but I just now bluescreened the second time in 2 hours on Ps5. I have now got a 45 minute penalty after getting an error code yesterday.

At this rate I'll get a ban  for a day for something I cant control. Apex legends is also my only application that crashes. 

I don't really care about the loss forgiveness or my ranked points. I want. To play. Your game. 

Please help me with this problem.

I already initialized my PS4 and reinstalled the game. I also invest a lot of money and time into this game.

My gamerID is: Bomberday on ps4

I can definitely understand the feeling. I know that crashes are a pretty frustrating thing to deal with. There are some other steps we can try that might help out with this. When you have a chance let me know how it goes. 

Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue has been continual on Xbox consoles since recent update 

It’s interfering with ranked game play

Message 7 of 8 (952 Views)

Community Manager

Since this is a pretty old thread that hasn't been updated in a long time I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help, or you'd like to ask a question please feel free to create a new thread, and we can take a look. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (918 Views)