Re: Apex always out of bounds glitch (with clip)

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: Apex always out of bounds glitch (with clip)

Community Manager

The team is planning to have this fixed in a future update. We also have another post we've been tracking this below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Return-to-the-Battle-No-way-out/td-p/7499704/highlight/true

Blueberry.png
Message 101 of 186 (859 Views)

Randomly Died "Return To Map" Countdown while inside map

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Dumezoner
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply Ship / Respawn
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Dropped onto supply ship at start of match , got downed by an enemy and got the "Return to Map " Countdown ,still on the supply ship my teammate revived me i jumped off supply ship landed near bunkers and the countdown was now nearing 0 st 10 then randomly died next to teammate inside the map , team mate respawned me and i then immediately died with the "Return To Map" countdown
What should be happening instead? Normal Gameplay
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gameclip

Random death inside map while "Return to Map" countdown message displayed 

Message 102 of 186 (478 Views)

Return to battlefield while in bounds.

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA 1080ti FTW3
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Ladicius777
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. The_Rabbi_Mafia Kvwatkins
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder Octane
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Cave between market and bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running and respawning
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5ish
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.04.19 20:30ish est
What happens when the bug occurs? When returning from an out of bounds area the counter never goes away. touching any type of ground causes the counter to count down until you die. Re-spawning doesnt fix this.
What should be happening instead? when back in bounds timer no longer exists and you dont die.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im not sure but this isn't the first time this has happened.

Last night I was in the supply ship and proceeded to get the out of bounds notice (return to battlefield) and after leaving the ship the counter continued. Anytime I touched the ground it counter would continue to count down until I died. My teammates were able to respawn me but after hitting the ground I died instantly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOv5Ll3uD6c&t=1s Here is a video of what happened.

Message 103 of 186 (467 Views)

Out of combat area bug

★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 670m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 3
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Pindabaass
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. the area around the airbase
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. i died because my return to combat timer ran out (while i was on the supply ship in mid-air) after I got respawned the timer returned eventhough i was on normal ground, i died again, got respawned and died again.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6-4-2019 15:10
What happens when the bug occurs? It does not matter on what ground I am, as long as i touch the ground, the timer starts counting down, when i jump the timer stops, when i hit the ground the timer continues. after 30-60 sec (depends on how much i jump) i die and cannot be revived, only respawned
What should be happening instead? The out of combat area timer shouldnt appear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know it started as soon as i hit the ground

I do not have any footage

Message 104 of 186 (423 Views)

Re: Out of combat area bug

★★★★★ Newbie

This same thing happened to me. This isn't a hardware issue so i'll not bother looking it up :P But here is a image

https://i.imgur.com/SsBgMXM.jpg

Showing the path the airship took, where i was marked as out of bounds (which was above a mountain that's out of bounds if you're on top of it) and when it flew past the mountain i was still marked as out of bounds. I died, got ressed by a teammate and when i landed the timer restarted and i had another 30 seconds to live before it'd kill me again as out of bounds.

This happened to me in game today, idk exact time but a few hours ago. 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I would imagine that if you make the starting airship (The one that always spawn as the round starts) and make it land in that same spot in the picture you'll eventually get marked as out of bounds i guess? I was on the bottom half of the airship and my 2 squad mates was on the top part, and i was the only one getting marked out of bounds.

Message 105 of 186 (396 Views)

Drop * Death Bug....

★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ThroatStabber
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Drop Ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Just jumped off ship.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 100+
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The drop ship flew over the cliffs, and then I got the "death count" timer. I jumped off like 20 seconds before it ended. But the timer kept counting down until I died. I was completely flat on the ground, with 2 other teammates next to me. Neither of them died. Then they respawned me, and I INSTANTLY died again, apparently because it was still thinking i was violating the timer that prevents you from camping cliffs.
What should be happening instead? The timer should disappear....
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to simulate what happened.

See above....Really annoying bug that effectively ends game.

Message 106 of 186 (487 Views)

Ship Out of Bounds Death Glitch

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? xWaffleman
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Blitz0117, alwayshigh4u
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder, Lifelin
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All over the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. On the drop ship
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04/07/2019 04:23
What happens when the bug occurs? Dying due to "out of bounds" when not out of bounds.
What should be happening instead? I shouldn't be out of bounds on the ground or drop ship.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at description given.

We landed on the drop ship and it passes over the cliffs which triggers a warning for out of bounds and to return to the zone.
We were in combat when this warning displayed and I was down. My teammate got me up and I died immediately after from "going out of bounds".
They then grabbed my beacon and went to bring me back to life. After jumping from the beacon ship I immediately died again because of out of bounds.
They did this a third time and upon landing I received a timer and died a third time.

Message 107 of 186 (483 Views)

Re: Out of bounds on supply ship, afterwards persists only when touching the gro

★★ Newbie

This same exact thing just happened to me. Once i jumped off it continued to tell me i was out of bounds. When i was jumping it would stop it, everytime i touched the ground would start back up up until it eventually killed me. Please fix these bugs 

Message 108 of 186 (411 Views)

Re: Return to the battle bug on the supply ship

★★★ Novice

Holy * bump this is still happening.

Message 109 of 186 (436 Views)

"Return to the Battle" countdown stuck for entire match

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheDGeneration
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply ship (I believe this is why the issue started)
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. being revived over an out of bounds area
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3+
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 08.04.19 19:30
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? After being revived on the supply ship while it was above an out of bounds area, the "Return to the Battle" countdown continued whenever my feet were on the ground, even after I was respawned multiple times (due to dying at the end of the 30 second countdown)
What should be happening instead? "Return to the battle" countdown should end after being in bounds
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Knock someone down, and attempt to revive them while the supply ship is over an out of bounds area.

A video is available at this link: https://youtu.be/KLpJq-PdkIw

Being revived on the supply ship while it is over an out of bounds area caused the "Return to the Battle" timer to remain in place even after death/respawn.

Message 110 of 186 (566 Views)