by ExplosiveTurtle7

Original Post

Apex Pack glitch

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ExplosiveTurtle7
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Lalo_Walia
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Play menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was trying to open an Apex pack and me and my squad mate had readied up but I didn't open it then since I knew it would glitch but then after it looked like my squad mate had unreadied so i thought I would open it up but then the game start and I didn't receive any rewards after the game, I just lost the pack.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2 or 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/03/2019 I forgot the actual time since this was yesterday.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I lose an Apex Pack and I don't know whats in it and I don't get any rewards or anything.
What should be happening instead? I should at least get the rewards after the match if I opened it and a game started.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open an Apex Pack when you ready up and it should glitch and you will lose it.

I can't remember the exact date and time but I got the Apex Pack and I wasn't going to open it at first but then I got a visual glitch that my friend had stopped readying up so I thought I would open it and a game starts and I lose the pack, now I don't know what I lost and I am very curious and I feel like it was something good and now I am sad.

Message 1 of 15 (2,322 Views)

Re: Apex Pack glitch

You should have gotten the items that were inside the Apex Pack.

Even if you don't see the animation because the match started.

These haven been added to your inventory.

There are marked with a red dot to show them they are new items.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 15 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Novice
I checked to see if I had gotten any new items and no I have not received anything, I checked for the red dots, nothing new.
Message 3 of 15 (2,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm this bug on pc, I just had it.

( A ) I also just clicked, to open the pack and then the loading screen appeared. After the match no new items where there.

( B ) Had it also once where the new items where present after the match.

The difference between the two observations, was with the first variant ( A ) the time between clicking the button to open the pack and the loading screen appearing, was way shorter.
(The loading screen came in the middle of the animation where the 3 "plates" from the robot are hitting the floor.)

Message 4 of 15 (2,189 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had the same bug.  I am playing on Xbox One X, I opened an Apex pack a second before a game loaded and when I finished the game, no items had been unlocked.

I have in the past opened packs when the game loaded but always saw the spinning animation where the colours of the items are visible. Even though the items themselves didn't show, when I finished the game, the items with the colours I had seen were loaded (e.g. while it was spinning I can see that I have a gold and two grey items).

In this instance the pack just started opening and I didn't see the colours yet and the items did not appear.

This all occurred about 1.5 hours ago, specifically when I was opening the pack which comes with the battle pass level 43.  Please correct the issue and if possible lloa the pack to my account.

Message 5 of 15 (2,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@HaZzAtheReD96 Hey, thanks for the details. 

It looks like you got the contents of the pack, which were a "Kills as Kill Leader" tracker for Bangalore, 15 crafting currency, and what appears to be the Cold Wave skin for the Havoc. Can you check for the tracker/skin?

Sorry for those who posted earlier, it's a bit late for tracking, but from the cases I've looked into, the contents do get correctly delivered. 

Thank. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 15 (2,093 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I am literally flying overseas in a few hours for about 2 weeks. Even an hour ago I would have been able to double check, but I will have to do it in a couple of weeks. I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Message 7 of 15 (2,089 Views)

★★ Novice

It does look like those items loaded. I don't recall when they did, but if you're certain it was in the pack I specifically mentioned above, then it does appear to have happened.

In that case, the bug report can be amended to only be that these items should still be highlighted red and shown as new items even if a match loads before they are shown on screen.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 15 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I may have had the same problem. Can anyone who can see into my account check its status? I should have the contents of two Apex packs (both of which I opened mistakenly before a match started). One pack was from over a month ago, and I have its contents. The other pack was shortly prior to this message, and I do not see anything from that pack.

Message 9 of 15 (1,990 Views)

★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers there were no red dots when it happened to me
Message 10 of 15 (1,890 Views)