Original Post

Highlighted

Apex Legnds Ps4 sound bug

★★ Pro

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MASSIVEVERNON
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. MXSs3V
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Happens with every Legend
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Happens with every Legend
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Happens everywhere, but mainly skull town, bridges, drop ships and airbase.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Gun fight, always when there's 3+ squads in the same area
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Happens every game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every time I play
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Audio turns to electronic mush with massive delay. No direction of gunfire or footsteps and sometimes no sound atall.
What should be happening instead? Normal sound
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Happening to so many people.

I've seen this posted so many times now and assumed it would have been fixed after the last big update but still having the same issues. Am reposting because I can't find a fix anywhere and have tried different sound outputs and settings and still no fix. 

Is as everyone says the sound just gets obliterated or disappears completely, mainly at the places I mentioned and mainly when it's 3+ squads all fighting in the same place.

Is a massive problem because it basically makes it unplayable until it sorts itself out or you just die from the disorientation  Plus it really hurts my ears if it suddenly happens when I have a headset on. 

Problem isn't my end as I've tried different tv's, different headsets and different settings, also seeing so many other people with the same complaint. 

Any help would be good or just hurry up and fix it!! 

Message 1 of 10 (4,227 Views)

Re: Apex Legnds Ps4 sound bug

★★ Novice

Having the same issue mostly at skull town but also happens everywhere when more than 2 squads are fighting. My squad mates are also getting this audio issue.

Its a Horrible stuttering/crackling sound. I'm on my PS4 Pro but they're both on PS4 slims.

Message 2 of 10 (4,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem for me and my friend every time in skull.. or when there are too many people... 

Message 3 of 10 (4,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Looks like this is more of EA questions than EA answers. This bug has been around since early February, I’m using PS4 as well and I’m having this issue still IN APRIL. Not one fix posted by EA, no aknowledgement and it’s been going on for two months now. I can’t get through one firefight without this issue and it’s frustrating because it’s the best BR out there. Hurry up EA 

Message 4 of 10 (4,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes super laggy sound when dropping hot

Message 5 of 10 (4,061 Views)

★ Novice
@MassiveVernon Same for me as well till date
Message 6 of 10 (3,501 Views)

★ Novice

Have no sounds for enemies since the "patch" on ps4 I can hear gun shots but that's about it.

Message 7 of 10 (3,458 Views)

ps4 directional audio cut out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? darkdruid1206
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? seems to happen with any legend
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. happens everywhere as far as i can tell
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing specific
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? seems to be constant no matter how many i play before or after
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) ive noticed it since just before the legendary hunt event
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? sounds seems to cut out behind my character, from team mates pings to gun fire it gets 100% muted even if the bullets are flying past me, team mate pings will cut in and out depending where they are around me
What should be happening instead? i should be hearing stuff behind me
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure as ive heard no other complaints about this kind of sound glitch, perhaps its a client side bug?

i cant seem to find any clips but ill try get some in future and update this post

Edit: I've managed to fix it by not using the ps4 mono headset (the one that comes with your ps4) ill plug it back in later and see if it happens again

Message 8 of 10 (3,464 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@tomtay1979 are either of you guys using the ps4 mono headsets? It seems to be what my problem is but I'm not sure
Message 9 of 10 (3,315 Views)

★ Novice
@MassiveVernon I got this problem 3 days before season 8 update, sounds lagging then just deseppear, gammeplay freezes too and i got nice ps4 pro so i dont know were is the problem
Message 10 of 10 (995 Views)