Re: Apex Legends random Freezing/rubber band/lag?

by 8BitRiriTTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends random Freezing/rubber band/lag?

★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? 8BitHaunter
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. JuggaleTTV
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Bangalore
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Happened in multiple locations during different circumstances
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. First occured just while moving, then later on again in combat.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/07/2019 1:00 EST
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the time the bug occurs, my character stops moving. I can usually still look around me, but everything else around me freezes. It's happened so many times as well it happens on different Legends. I don't know if it's internet on my end or what. but I've have no problems with any other game.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to move and keep up with events that are happening.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure how to replicate it, since I seem to be the only person who experiences it. I'd honestly be surprised if it was my internet, but I don't want to rule it out. I'm connected via ethernet so my lag tends to be very minimal if at all. But this literally costed me a match earlier.

It happens so randomly, that I never know when it will hit or how badly it will hit. Some times it happens rarely but tonight it started to happen very frequently

Message 1 of 74 (57,175 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey update everyone, I've found a sort of fix for mine. Or at least in what little testing I've been able to do has worked, I'll continue to test and see if it fully works. But my computer's lan is running through Killer Network control center, and they have added a feature called, "advanced stream detect", which I learned about through some very thorough research through threads. Now I'm not 100% on this solution working, i'm still testing it out. But I went into my Killer Control Center and turned it off.This screenshot shows the option page and under system settings is a off switch for this stream detect. So far I haven't recalled any of the freezing/rubber band. So if this applies to you it may help. I'll try to keep this updated as I play and see if I can get through a day without issues.

Image from Gyazo

View in thread

Message 9 of 74 (56,542 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problem as described here with Alienware AuraR7 with Nvidia 1070 and the latest Drivers pulled down as of yesterday.  I have rebooted my router, cable modem and the PC to add to his issue.

Message 2 of 74 (57,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens to me in almost every game so far and has often caused my death. Game will randomly freeze and voice comms go down in discord as well until the game comes back. Can free look, but cannot move. Other players appear to run or move in place until the desync gets corrected. 

Almost unplayable at this point as it happens a lot, sometimes more than once a game for over 10 seconds at a time. 

Message 3 of 74 (56,998 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Have 1070ti new drivers as well.  I don't think i encountered it the first day but i have had it happen EVERY match since.  Reset router, pc, disabled AV/FW set in game setting back to default or low and no changes.  

Message 4 of 74 (56,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, on Xbox and rubber band effect every single game. Cod blackout is fine, Fortnite is fine but apex legends just.. ugh.. take a few steps and then it throws me back a few steps... pretty in-playable at this point.

Message 5 of 74 (56,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also  have the same problem and i found out it was because of the game using excess background data like about 1MB/s i dont know what EA is collecting but please fix this . Disabling usage sharing dosent do a thing

Message 6 of 74 (56,808 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue, happens about twice a match almost every match. I get a little red icon in the top right hand corner when its happening kind of looks like a speedometer icon. Also causes discord voice chat to stop when it is happening. Currently running 1070ti on latest drivers. 

Message 7 of 74 (56,697 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same issue here, playing on a gtx 1070 max q. Little red symbol at the top right and my discord completely freezes down as well.

Message 8 of 74 (56,666 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey update everyone, I've found a sort of fix for mine. Or at least in what little testing I've been able to do has worked, I'll continue to test and see if it fully works. But my computer's lan is running through Killer Network control center, and they have added a feature called, "advanced stream detect", which I learned about through some very thorough research through threads. Now I'm not 100% on this solution working, i'm still testing it out. But I went into my Killer Control Center and turned it off.This screenshot shows the option page and under system settings is a off switch for this stream detect. So far I haven't recalled any of the freezing/rubber band. So if this applies to you it may help. I'll try to keep this updated as I play and see if I can get through a day without issues.

Image from Gyazo
Message 9 of 74 (56,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here random freezes comming from nowhere i tryed to;

: Change graphic drivers latest original drivers and latest optional drivers from AMD 

: Re-instal origin and APEX both of them
: Every combination of graphic setting

For the info ,others games are still working fine on my pc, when it "freeze" i cant hear my friends on discord anymore they cant hear me i can still move on server i just dont see myself moving i even "freeze" in menu or legend selection, it take 10/30 sec for my pc to "unfreeze",if the game characters are talking when i "freeze" i can still hear them talking and i have a red icon top right corner it look like connection icon?

my pc is made of :

r9 290trixx
16Go 3400mhz
Aorus gaming 3 z370
ssd crucial 120Go
intel optane 32Go on old 1tb samsung hdd

corsair k95 & scimitar

Hope we find a fix because this is really annoying...

Message 10 of 74 (56,450 Views)