Re: Cannot get past initial splash-screen launch spinner.

by OcasioCortezVEVO

Original Post

Apex Legends Steam Infinite Loading Screen

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ElementalChaos
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Initial Loading Screen Before Lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to start the game.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.03.21 12:15
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screen upon initial game startup does not end and does not allow me into the main lobby no matter how long I wait on the loading screen.
What should be happening instead? It should not load eternally and allow me into the game after a few moments at most.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug would occur for me by simply starting the game.

I waited over 20 minutes on the loading screen and it never finished loading. This occurred after the small update for the game that Steam automatically downloaded when I tried to open the game. I tried reinstalling the game as well as verifying the games file integrity to no avail. I waited on the loading screen for over 20 minutes 3 separate times. The loading screen never went away on any of those occasions and I needed to close the game. 

Message 18 of 87 (3,158 Views)

Re: Infinite Loading Loop

★★★ Newbie

My game has been stuck on the loading screen for hours would you mind fixing it?  Origin Username is QzX25 but i play on steam so fyi my steam username is znsstupsa thx

Message 1 of 87 (3,401 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Stuck on the loading screen

★★ Novice

my account is also stuck, EA can you please fix it, i really dont wanna make a new account

Message 2 of 87 (3,346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same here stuck, tried everything!

Message 3 of 87 (3,305 Views)

★★ Novice

PLEASE FIX THIS ITS BEEN HOURS MATES.

Message 4 of 87 (3,271 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

having the same problem, stuck in loading screen for hours

Message 5 of 87 (3,236 Views)

Infinite Loading Screen Steam

★★★ Newbie

Was playing perfectly fine yesterday, installed a small update (around 18 MB) a few minutes ago on Steam and now I have an infinite loading screen.

Tried unlinking and relinking the account but same issue, verified game integrity and no luck.

Message 6 of 87 (3,026 Views)

Cannot get past initial splash-screen launch spinner.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? OcasioCortezVEVO
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? GeForce Experience and Steam Overlay
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The previous dialog box doesn't quite apply, I can't even connect to the lobby.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. N/A
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.24.2021 6:30 PST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I launch the game via Steam, it just sits on a spinner. My only option is to alt+f4 or hit ESC and exit the game. I left it for 20 minutes before giving up. Nothing seems to work. Things i've tried: I went to C:\%USER%\Saved Games\Respawn and deleted the Apex folder there hoping it was some clientside state issue, but the issue persists. I've tried clearing DNS, I've tried unplugging USB devices like reddit suggested, I tried clearing the apex data cached in my user directory (as explained in the previous step). I don't know what's wrong, I can't tell if it's a server connection issue -- usually that times out and lets you pick a different data center, but that's not happening, I can't even get that far (I never see a Continue button) I'm writing this ticket while reinstalilng the game via Origin to see if it will let me log into the game there instead. All I can think that's new, is that before launching, I had purchased the discounted DLC champion edition. This issue has never happened before today to me.
What should be happening instead? The spinner should do what it always does, quickly vanish and change to the "click to continue" dialog.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea

apex-stuck.png

Not much to say here.

Message 7 of 87 (2,990 Views)

Re: Infinite Loading Screen Steam

★ Novice

Same situation here. EAHelp on twitter indicated they know of the issue and are looking into it.

Message 8 of 87 (3,013 Views)

Re: Cannot get past initial splash-screen launch spinner.

★★ Novice

Update: I installed it via Origin and I connect/login totally fine. I checked with friends in the US, PNW and all of us are stuck spinning on first launch via Steam.

Origin seems to work though!

Message 9 of 87 (2,984 Views)