[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1660ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? lcy-TTV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. HowYaChill
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. the whole map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. playing the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? as soon as the monsters within update came out
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/12/21 10/13/21 10/14/21 10/15/21
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? my packet loss goes up high
What should be happening instead? no packet loss
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix whatever might have broke with the Monsters within event

I've been playing apex for about 10 months now, and I have never had any problems with packet loss till the Monsters Within event came out, now apex is almost un-playable, every single match I get into My packet loss (on the left side) goes up to 10-42% and I've played with some other people that have had this issue too. I know the left side is my side not the servers, but everything works fine besides apex so I know it's not not my Wi-Fi. I think the Monsters Within event might have messed something help. I love this game so much but I just can't play it anymore till this gets fixed. The image I added looks like respawn servers have high loss when I ping it command prompt, but google and battle.net do not have any loss.

Message 1 of 16 (2,455 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Packet Loss

Community Manager

Hey @6Iock6a6y, given what you've tried and what @ryzxnez1 has mentioned here, going through the steps below on Flushing DNS and changing your DNS in particular would likely be the best bet.

This should walk you through updating those settings if you'd like to give that a try to see if it changes anything for you.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Zeel-s-in-depth-Troubleshooting-Guide/m-p/8310218/highlig...  

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (2,074 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've tried everything form re-downloading apex, changing servers, switching Ethernet cords, re-installing my WI-FI and Ethernet drivers, doing ping google.com in command prompt, checking the router and modem and taking out the Ethernet cords and putting them back in, internet speed test and BIOS updates, and virus scans to make sure there was not a virus slowing down my internet and or pc, but its done nothing to help. Everything else on my PC is working fine besides apex legends. I would greatly appreciate some help if anyone can help!

Message 2 of 16 (2,405 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@6Iock6a6y weirdly enough this seems to be a routing issue given yesterday I was playing with a friend from Germany in EU server (I guess it was Amsterdam) and he was experiencing packet loss while my game ran as per usual.

Have had similar complaints from random people I have played with during the last week or so - seems like this is the new bug of the split = servers misbehaving Standard smile
Message 3 of 16 (2,367 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hope they fix it soon

Message 4 of 16 (2,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sounds exactly like my issue. Is your game freezing like you're getting ddosed?

Message 5 of 16 (2,186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ya that happens to me.

Message 6 of 16 (2,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope this gets fixed soon. Let me know if u find a solution lol

Message 7 of 16 (2,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a solution. I installed 1.1.1.1, set it on WARP and I played on Oregon GCE 2 (may be different for you) and so far no more lag. Hope it works for you.

Message 8 of 16 (2,121 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

how do you do that? I'm good at pc hardware but when it comes the software I suck at it.

Message 9 of 16 (2,083 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @6Iock6a6y, given what you've tried and what @ryzxnez1 has mentioned here, going through the steps below on Flushing DNS and changing your DNS in particular would likely be the best bet.

This should walk you through updating those settings if you'd like to give that a try to see if it changes anything for you.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Zeel-s-in-depth-Troubleshooting-Guide/m-p/8310218/highlig...  

Mako.png
Message 10 of 16 (2,075 Views)