Apex Legends - Lobby laggy or unresponsive.

by Lemirith

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends - Lobby laggy or unresponsive.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA 2070 Super Black
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lemirith
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. theviru, Garbagedonkey
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. None - lobby.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to matchmake after a match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2, usually sometimes 1 sometimes 3 or more.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Started November 8th or so and has not stopped since. Uncertain of the extact time of day.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? After a game i will try and ready up for a new match with my friends. Then one of the following will happen: - Squad is still up, but i cannot ready up, they see me ready but i do not, if matchmaking works for them, I am not pulled into the game. - I am kicked out of the squad and look to be ready even though i haven't clicked in. No matchmaking happens.
What should be happening instead? Matchmaking should trigger and find me/us a game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish a game and try to queue up. No other steps involved.

After every other game or so. I will not be able to matchmake properly. I will click the button and see no visual cue that I am queued up. My friends will usually see me readied up, matchmake and get in a game with only the two of them.

Time invariably fixes this. Like something needs to update and when it does (usually several minutes later) i can queue up normally. 

Closing the game and reopening does not fix this. I also notice delay before i see my Name in solo lobbies( It will show "Player" and not update for sometime). After a few minutes, the party I was in will not appear to be full which will usually mean i can get back in and Queue up. 

I have tried a repair and reinstall, no change. Drivers are up to date.

I have also reset my connection through the modem and the router both. 

It seems like a connection issue related to the lobby specifically. My ISP is Videotron

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4 (9,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends - Lobby laggy or unresponsive.

★★ Novice

Fixed, found an old threat that suggested changing DNS to google and it worked. Also flushed the DNS through the command prompt. One of the two worked. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (9,030 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Fixed, found an old threat that suggested changing DNS to google and it worked. Also flushed the DNS through the command prompt. One of the two worked. 

Message 2 of 4 (9,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes bro exactly same issue as mine but when i close my app it will be ok  but when i play about 2 hours a should close my application 20 times

Message 3 of 4 (8,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do u do this ? im kinda not good in tech troubleshooting stuff

Message 4 of 4 (6,307 Views)