Apex Legends Keeps Crashing After Genesis Update

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1650
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? fallingwaves
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was just in the play area waiting to load into a match or looking at the new skins
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looking at the new skins or waiting to load into a match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/29/2021 11:30 PST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It just crashes the game and says "Unknown File Version (paks\Win64\pc_allComputer.starpak)"
What should be happening instead? It shouldn't be crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, it just happens after I'm in the game for 30-60 seconds

It started happening after the Genesis Collection Event update came out.

Message 1 of 23 (5,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Keeps Crashing After Genesis Update

Community Manager

@TheGigaestChad Can you try repairing/verifying the game depending on the platform you are on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (5,489 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TheGigaestChad Can you try repairing/verifying the game depending on the platform you are on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 23 (5,490 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem too. As soon as I open Apex it starts lagging a bit and then I crash. I can't exit out of the game either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but nothing seems to work! This is extremely frustrating.

Message 3 of 23 (5,433 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bad update released.

Keep crashing in Arena multiple times.

The error message is this:

sh_pak_requests.gnut #339

[Client] Tried to unload a pak file that isn't loaded. Pak status PAK_STATUS_INVALID_PAKHANDLE.

Message 4 of 23 (5,415 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem, exorbitant load times, crashing after 2 minutes in menu. I guess they don't beta test their updates. 

Message 5 of 23 (5,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

apex crash again.png

yeh i get this when it freezes and i have no choice but to force quit the aplication. this is 2 attempts in a row. update day is literally unplayable and its been like this for every takeover event for the last few seasons

Message 6 of 23 (5,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

fps drop, crash, and freeze after this genesis update.

this update is unplayable, please fix this

Message 7 of 23 (5,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was crashing the same way, whenever I continue after choosing my server, my game freezes and crashes. In order to fix this you need to verify the game from steam/origin, it will then detect a 1.5 gb file missing and thats your fix. 

Message 8 of 23 (5,091 Views)

Community Manager
@greygh05t I think you might have a different issue. If you're getting the PAK_STATUS_INVALID_PAKHANDLE, please change the banner you're using for Bloodhound or Rampart. If they have the "frag out" banner equipped, it'll trigger this error message.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 23 (5,074 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

so verifying the files with "repair" had no effect, i even tried it twice still cant even get to the character select screen without the game crashing. anyone else got an idea to try?

Message 10 of 23 (5,063 Views)