Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Freeze and Abandon Penalty

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Tenebris86
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. N/A
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading into game.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3-4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.24.21 06:15
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot load in. Game freezes, so I have to quit. I load back into the lobby and get an abandon penalty to my rank and can't play for 10 minutes.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to load into the match. If it freezes, I shouldn't get penalized for it.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How would I know that?

Cannot load in. Game freezes, so I have to quit. I load back into the lobby and get an abandon penalty to my rank and can't play for 10 minutes.

Message 1 of 10 (1,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Freeze and Abandon Penalty

Community Manager

Hey @pavian0

I'm afraid we can't do anything about the lost RP, but I'd like to try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop more disconnections like this from happening again in the future. 

A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If you're still running into any disconnections afterward please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (686 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Tenebris86

This is something we're still investigating. Thank you for the report and for bearing with us while we're working on it. 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just happened to me. BS. 

Message 3 of 10 (979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How long am I expected to "Bear with you." It has been a month.

Message 4 of 10 (903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes this is BS, i just got -72 ranking points and a 10 minute penalty for being booted out of the game at character selection screen.   Respawn - common sense not to apply penalties before the game even starts? No one can cheat the system at this point ffs.  Also, if you get an error report from a player who you have previously punished then refund the points.  Its not rocket science

Message 5 of 10 (888 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks,

The main issue that was being reported in this thread should have been fixed with last week's update. 

If you're still having similar issues it sounds like there's a different issue happening. Are you getting any error messages when it happens? If so, what is the full error you've been seeing? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It just happened to mat at around 5:15am. I lost 96 rp because the server kicked me out. This is a waste of my time grinding in rank. Please fix

Message 7 of 10 (845 Views)

Community Manager

@Kamiisenju 

What error message did you get when it happened, if any? 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just happened to me during the match, game froze, after  <30sec I got abondon penalty. In lat game to diamond I lost 72 points. Happened two times today. Last time there was weird error message “shoe” or something like this.

Message 9 of 10 (725 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @pavian0

I'm afraid we can't do anything about the lost RP, but I'd like to try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop more disconnections like this from happening again in the future. 

A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If you're still running into any disconnections afterward please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (687 Views)