Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Connectivity Issues on PS4

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Sivanas
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. General map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Varies
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05/09/20 8:30
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I get kicked out of the match, and it never reconnects me to the match. On top of that, it slaps me with an abandonment penalty stating I went “AFK” which really sucks.
What should be happening instead? It should reconnect me, or at least not hit me with an abandonment penalty.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? NA

So anywhere between 1-7 matches, the game will kick me out and state that I cannot connect to EA servers. It takes me about 30 seconds to a minute to get back in, but by the time I do the game states I went AFK and gives me an abandonment penalty, even though it wasn’t my fault (really annoying for ranked). 

My WiFi always seems to be running at acceptable levels, so I can’t tell with I’m getting kicked. Is it a PSN issue? How can I tell?

Message 1 of 7 (1,399 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Connectivity Issues on PS4

Community Manager

Hi there, @Shadezss.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Is it possible to switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,330 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Shadezss.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Is it possible to switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Shadezss For the second time I got kicked out of the server and then get a penalty for 10 minutes!? This is so frustrating!!
Message 3 of 7 (1,255 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @BertGJ 

Are you still disconnecting? If so, what system are you playing on and are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on PS4. I play every day 1 to 2 hours and lets say that it happens every 3 to 4 days I get kicked out. 

I use a wireless connection with a download speed of 34 mb/sec; the modem has a straight connection to the ps4 without any walls.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Message 5 of 7 (1,067 Views)

Community Manager

@BertGJ 

Thanks for the response. Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me this issue has been happening on Xbox one. It's been going on for months now for myself and many others that I know that play apex. I dont believe it's whether its wired or not because me and my friends will get kicked at the same time. I also just had an instance where half of the lobby was kicked and given a penalty. It gets pretty frusting grinding ranked for hours to get a penalty that costs you 100 rp each time it happens...

Message 7 of 7 (724 Views)