Apex Ban In Game But Not On Record.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? UselessMailbox
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Medal
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? None
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. loading into game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading into any game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/9/21
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? i get a client was banned message
What should be happening instead? being able to play my game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk

I haven't played apex in almost a year and I decided to hop on but when i was loading into my match it took me to the main menu and gave me a "your client was banned message". Confused i went to the ea help page to see why i was banned on apex and there is no ban on record. just in case this is important to the case i had my ea account locked (not sure if it was seen as banned) I was not able to login but after talking to a ea support rep it was unlocked and i was told it was because i was inactive for so long.

Message 1 of 2 (320 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Ban In Game But Not On Record.

Community Manager

Hey @UselessMailbox,

The ban history page there shows specific types of account actions, so not all in-game bans or suspensions will appear there. Sorry for the confusion!

Glad to hear you were able to get the EA Account itself unlocked. I'd definitely go through these security steps in that case as well, just to be sure no one else that had accessed the account may still be able to get in.

From that point however the Terms of Service team will need to investigate the in-game ban, so please go through these steps to submit an appeal. If you've already submitted the appeal or an advisor had transferred the case for you, you'll just need to wait on a reply from our ToS team.

You can keep an eye on your case status here, and the ToS team will reach out via email once they've completed the investigation into the ban itself.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (268 Views)

All Replies

Re: Apex Ban In Game But Not On Record.

Community Manager

Hey @UselessMailbox,

The ban history page there shows specific types of account actions, so not all in-game bans or suspensions will appear there. Sorry for the confusion!

Glad to hear you were able to get the EA Account itself unlocked. I'd definitely go through these security steps in that case as well, just to be sure no one else that had accessed the account may still be able to get in.

From that point however the Terms of Service team will need to investigate the in-game ban, so please go through these steps to submit an appeal. If you've already submitted the appeal or an advisor had transferred the case for you, you'll just need to wait on a reply from our ToS team.

You can keep an eye on your case status here, and the ToS team will reach out via email once they've completed the investigation into the ban itself.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (269 Views)