Re: Any in-game flight in VR - the background stars are low texture and blown up

by Fieno

Original Post

Re: Any in-game flight in VR - the background stars are low texture and blown up

★★★ Novice

The game is fantastic in VR but the low res background is particularly immersion breaking. I hope they fix soon, it's like the game is just ignoring the VR graphics settings.

Message 101 of 124 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've been checking every now and then for a fix to this issue, but I learnt my lesson (again) to never trust EA. I'll wait a few months after they release something to see if I get a remote chance at buying a finished game.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/41995324/this-game-is-so-unfinished-ea-tried-to-publish-it.j...
Message 102 of 124 (807 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was just playing BattlegroupVR and it's developed by a single person. The stars look incredible. This has to be fixed for STAR Wars eventually. I still haven't played it in weeks waiting for the star field fix. I've waited a long time to experience this game... looks like I need to wait longer. Frown

Message 103 of 124 (767 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I agree, it is really a big bummer. Why can't they fix their game? The star background looks so terrible. Can they make it high-res like the rest of the game ?

And what is the reason this hasn't been fixed yet? Can they not replicate it?

How can we help them getting it replicated, if that was the case?

Message 104 of 124 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Got this on my Valve Index as well. This what the kids call...a bad look.

Message 105 of 124 (728 Views)

★ Guide

@Straatford87 Has there been any update on this issue?  We have been through 4 rounds of great fixes but this one has gained no traction? Thanks much.

Message 106 of 124 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't mind the look of the skybox on my index, I may even prefer it. If this is resolved and has performance implications being able to alter this in the settings would be great.

Message 107 of 124 (652 Views)

★ Apprentice

again no fix no love for vr users

Message 108 of 124 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

"Fixed an issue where sparks caused by astromechs repairing the starfighter would go in the wrong direction."

How the #%( does this get priority over fixing the STARS in STAR wars VR????

Message 109 of 124 (574 Views)

★ Apprentice

the mind boggles

Message 110 of 124 (524 Views)