Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

by TheRobgoblin

Original Post

Re: Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

★★★ Guide

I created a separate post with possible and temporary workaround for 100% CPU. It is for NVIDIA users to make sure.

Message 61 of 92 (799 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I have an Intel i7-7700k, 8gb memory, 1070ti GTX and cpu usage for just the game is at 80-100%. It’s unplayable and not streamable. It definitely prevents me from creating content or just playing casually. I play on the lowest setting possible, in a small window below 1080p and it still pushes the cpu with the game alone at 100%. No other game had done this to my cpu until now. 

Message 62 of 92 (787 Views)

★★★ Guide

@realNIXFLIXX wrote:

I have an Intel i7-7700k, 8gb memory, 1070ti GTX and cpu usage for just the game is at 80-100%. It’s unplayable and not streamable. It definitely prevents me from creating content or just playing casually. I play on the lowest setting possible, in a small window below 1080p and it still pushes the cpu with the game alone at 100%. No other game had done this to my cpu until now. 

I fixed high CPU usage by following this workaround. See if your symptoms same as mine. Please let others know if it worked.

Message 63 of 92 (1,183 Views)

Re: 100% CPU usage- 100% GPU Usage.

★★★★ Guide

I would like to know the specs of the systems upon which the game was created.  I know many game companies use huge mainframes with workstations, not actual publicly-released computers.  But I would love to see their "ideal model" upon which they tested their game in-house. 

TQQdles™

Message 64 of 92 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DolnorNumbwit wrote:

I would like to know the specs of the systems upon which the game was created.  I know many game companies use huge mainframes with workstations, not actual publicly-released computers.  But I would love to see their "ideal model" upon which they tested their game in-house. 

TQQdles™

They RECOMMENDED setup is exactly the SAME as I have. Still...I cannot play even on high setting, let alone ultra. And that's RECOMMENDED, not MINIMAL requirements.

Thing is: the frostbite 3 could work much better. I have WAY HIGHER fps with every Battlefield, including V. So it must be a bad optimization of the graphic engine... Frown

Message 65 of 92 (441 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Anyone know if new patch helps this problem?
Message 66 of 92 (944 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I disabled the in-game voip system. And that seems to have fixed the problem for me. I really hope this works for you guys as well Standard smile

Message 67 of 92 (872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am running 32GB RAM, an i9-9900K and this game is using 40%-50% CPU at all times and constant 100% GPU usage on a GTX 1070. 

Message 68 of 92 (419 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I dont know if u still have this issue.. but i have  / had the same issue    i can now atleast play the game..  i Sort of Resolved it by going into Nvidia control panel and changed the max pre-renderd frames to one.. and looked around for other things that takes up cpu power.. and it sort of fixed that issue.. so now i can play it..  

Message 69 of 92 (763 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im having the same issue of 100% CPu usage even when sitting on the main menu screen. I have a i7 8700k 3.7ghz with a Nvidia 1070 Superclocked.

Message 70 of 92 (744 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help