Re: Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

by Robanatikin

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@flexrips wrote:

I disabled in-game VOIP as someone suggested in a previous post and I believe that fixed my issue. BUT, I did change to 'Borderless' windowed mode at the same time--so I don't know for certain which one was did the trick exactly. I'm too scared to mess with either of these settings to test it tho lol.

If it is disabling the voip, then that's pretty sad on Anthem's part.

Included my dxdiag for any that want to check it out.

UPDATE:  Was able to complete a few missions and free-plays. Then it goes back to crashing while trying to load anything outside of Ft. Tarsis. I give up on trying to enjoy this game in its current state. Maybe it'll be ready in a month or so. Back to playing Star Citizen where I can play on Med-Ultra settings Large smile

Message 81 of 94 (1,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  I have an I5 8600K.  I have tried it with and without overclocking.  I also have a 2070 and 32 gb of ram.  This game will run anywhere from 65-95% of my cpu at any given time.  The only time its down at 60 is when I have other processes running and it literally cant use more.  Right now with the game sitting still at the javelin dock.  It is using 75% cpu and 33% of my 32 gb ram.  as well as 74% of my GPU.  This is insane as I have my graphics set to medium even through I have a 2070.  

When will they be patching in some optimization for this game.  Even top rigs are having issues with this game.  We should not need a 5-10k build to play a single game.  

Message 82 of 94 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is wasn't for my laptop I would of never been able to play this game at all.  My Computer struggles to play it where my laptop that has a 1060 vs a 1070 runs it what seems like perfectly fine.

Message 83 of 94 (1,560 Views)

★ Apprentice

And the latest 3gb something patch i couldnt download it i would get stuck at 20% okb so had to delete the full game and reinstall it again but seems the patch improved my performance i was getting 35/45 fps on ultra full screen vsync off on my Predator G3-572 I5 7300HQ 1050ti now im getting 55 to 75 on some places and even lower temps my cpu at 100% only reaches 68 and the gpu 63 as i mentioned in a previous post but overall yeah the patch improved a lot Standard smile

Message 84 of 94 (1,464 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having a similar issue game runs at 25 frames on low in 1080p which is horrid alone. But what makes the game unplayable is randomly why playing my game completely freezes and locks up my system and have to hit the power button and hard restart my PC. All settings in game are set to low or off i never had any problems like this playing any game for instance i get 80ish frames in battlefront 2 at 1440p. i have tried repairing game files even turning off one core while anthem is running to no avail the game is fun but in it's current state its unplayable. 

Message 85 of 94 (1,428 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Bump for visibility. It is still a problem.

Message 86 of 94 (1,358 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I am not sure if already mentioned. In the German forum part some players had success with deletion of the anthem folder in the documents folder. Afterwards they used only the default settings for the keyboard because after changes in the settings the freezes would start again.

Message 87 of 94 (1,340 Views)

★★ Novice

I wanted to let you know even after recent update anthem is still freezing my pc to the point of hitting power button please don't say you fixed crash problem when clearly did not.

Message 88 of 94 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Same issue here fps is stable around 70 FPS with High Settings. 

Since the release i sped several hours to get an idea of this behavior but there is no hint. 

If you fly around its ok but as soon as you start fighting the CPU tries to kill itself, temp is fine around 60degrees.

Attached DXdiags. Devs we need help 

regards,

Message 89 of 94 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue (99.8 graphics, 70-90% cpu) even when I have set everything to low and - even though I'm at the base and just walking around...

I7 6700k 32gb fast ram.
(I use dimmdrive to play some games from ram or I wouldn't have bothered - though I really need 64gb now)
Nvidia 980 titan (6gb).

The game is doing something weird there is no way it's actually using this much graphic or cpu power...

As a note the task manager says something next to the anthem entry about a 3d? (i've never seen it before I will load up Metro exodus and see if it says it)--- I'm not using 3d - I'm not sure if I have ever installed a 3d driver as I normally untick it when I do an install - i'm going to try a full driver install and put everything in - just in case...
Message 90 of 94 (1,059 Views)