Re: Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

by Mrpyromanen

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I created a separate post with possible and temporary workaround for 100% CPU. It is for NVIDIA users to make sure.

Message 61 of 94 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an Intel i7-7700k, 8gb memory, 1070ti GTX and cpu usage for just the game is at 80-100%. It’s unplayable and not streamable. It definitely prevents me from creating content or just playing casually. I play on the lowest setting possible, in a small window below 1080p and it still pushes the cpu with the game alone at 100%. No other game had done this to my cpu until now. 

Message 62 of 94 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@realNIXFLIXX wrote:

I have an Intel i7-7700k, 8gb memory, 1070ti GTX and cpu usage for just the game is at 80-100%. It’s unplayable and not streamable. It definitely prevents me from creating content or just playing casually. I play on the lowest setting possible, in a small window below 1080p and it still pushes the cpu with the game alone at 100%. No other game had done this to my cpu until now. 

I fixed high CPU usage by following this workaround. See if your symptoms same as mine. Please let others know if it worked.

Message 63 of 94 (1,826 Views)

Re: 100% CPU usage- 100% GPU Usage.

I would like to know the specs of the systems upon which the game was created.  I know many game companies use huge mainframes with workstations, not actual publicly-released computers.  But I would love to see their "ideal model" upon which they tested their game in-house. 

TQQdles™

Message 64 of 94 (1,087 Views)

★★ Guide

@DolnorNumbwit wrote:

I would like to know the specs of the systems upon which the game was created.  I know many game companies use huge mainframes with workstations, not actual publicly-released computers.  But I would love to see their "ideal model" upon which they tested their game in-house. 

TQQdles™

They RECOMMENDED setup is exactly the SAME as I have. Still...I cannot play even on high setting, let alone ultra. And that's RECOMMENDED, not MINIMAL requirements.

Thing is: the frostbite 3 could work much better. I have WAY HIGHER fps with every Battlefield, including V. So it must be a bad optimization of the graphic engine... Frown

Message 65 of 94 (1,084 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Anyone know if new patch helps this problem?
Message 66 of 94 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disabled the in-game voip system. And that seems to have fixed the problem for me. I really hope this works for you guys as well Standard smile

Message 67 of 94 (1,515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am running 32GB RAM, an i9-9900K and this game is using 40%-50% CPU at all times and constant 100% GPU usage on a GTX 1070. 

Message 68 of 94 (1,062 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I dont know if u still have this issue.. but i have  / had the same issue    i can now atleast play the game..  i Sort of Resolved it by going into Nvidia control panel and changed the max pre-renderd frames to one.. and looked around for other things that takes up cpu power.. and it sort of fixed that issue.. so now i can play it..  

Message 69 of 94 (1,406 Views)

★ Novice

Im having the same issue of 100% CPu usage even when sitting on the main menu screen. I have a i7 8700k 3.7ghz with a Nvidia 1070 Superclocked.

Message 70 of 94 (1,387 Views)