Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. It happens everywhere, from fort Tarsis, to every type of mission and freeplay.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Began with Day 1 patch
Summarize your bug I constantly get the "Searching for server" pop up, then I rubberband all over the place. I check my Task manager, the game is shooting up to 100% CPU and GPU usage, this is causing other programs to time out, such as discord. It happens about every 2-5 minutes, making the game unplayable at best.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea, I've told you how I experience this bug, but you'll need to figure out where the memory hog is happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen freezes, all other models on the screen are running in place. Then it will snap back to movement, I rubberband all over the place.
What should be happening instead? It should run like a normal game

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. It happens everywhere, from fort Tarsis, to every type of mission and freeplay.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Began with Day 1 patch
Summarize your bug I constantly get the "Searching for server" pop up, then I rubberband all over the place. I check my Task manager, the game is shooting up to 100% CPU and GPU usage, this is causing other programs to time out, such as discord. It happens about every 2-5 minutes, making the game unplayable at best.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea, I've told you how I experience this bug, but you'll need to figure out where the memory hog is happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen freezes, all other models on the screen are running in place. Then it will snap back to movement, I rubberband all over the place.
What should be happening instead? It should run like a normal game

I see so many other players with this same issue. This game might be fun, but with a horrible bug like this, it's unplayable. 

Message 51 of 94 (1,105 Views)

Re: Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got the the same Problem, but with a i7 8700k and rtx 2080.

At the beginning everything was perfectly fine and my CPU runs at 45-50%, but now, after a few Hours i cant play it anymore ( random Server disconnects, many Game Crashes, everytime i talk to some Npcs + 100% Cpu Usage after every Game Restart).

Pls Fix it.

Message 52 of 94 (1,637 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is where my game freezed tonight (cf. attachment).

Message 53 of 94 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exact same problem, just got worse with the latest patch. Intel i5-4690k and Nvidia GTX 970. Absolutely insane that a AAA, after so many demos and early launch players like myself, can somehow perform so poorly on Intel processors. Only one of the most used processors on the market.

Fort Tarsis feels sluggish, but FPS holds steady around 40-50. I can load up Freeplay, but the game freezes literally every time I jump off of the entry platform. Load freeplay, go to fly off the ledge you start on, and my game freezes. I have to Alt-F4, then close Anthem through Task Manager.

Message 54 of 94 (1,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is a known issue where Players have reported HIGH CPU and RAM usuage 95% or more on different combinations of hardware across windows 7,8,10.

Here is the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ajsbxp/no_spoilers_anthem_extremely_high_cpugpu_usag...

This also happens to me and I am trying to let EA know of this issue

Message 55 of 94 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Is this only happening with systems with NVidia cards?  I keep seeing in the specs everyone has NVidia.   I haven't had this issue on my system with i9-7900X and Vega 64 LQ card, 32GB RAM.

Also NVidia released new drivers today to optimize this game might be worth trying those if you have not yet.

I hope this isn't an NVidia user only issue as I have a new 2080Ti coming tomorrow :P

Message 56 of 94 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Novice
Also having the issue. Just adding it to the plethora of responses here in hopes that EA will notice this particular issue.
Message 57 of 94 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i dont think its just nvidia cards, if u look at the reddit post, people with amd cpu and gfx cards also have the problem. SO its universal and a bug with anthem game

@TheRobgoblinCan you update the post to say its also 100% RAM usage as well. I play with 16GB and never had any game use more than 6GB, when i run anthem my ram is at 15GB

Message 58 of 94 (1,451 Views)
Highlighted

Terrible FPS and 100% cpu useage

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Everywhere, always
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every time I load the game
Summarize your bug Running Anthem maxes out my i7 8700k processor to 100% and has an abysmal frame rate for my hardware. I have to play at 1080p medium settings to hold 60fps and even then still experience phantom frame rate dips.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to run it on a high end gaming rig. So far I've run into many people with equivalent or better systems and they are experiencing the same thing. I've also seen comments of people running an i3 processor and playing on 4k ultra.
What happens when the bug occurs? I go play Apex Legends
What should be happening instead? A playable experience.

I am running an i7 8700k, 16gb of ram, and a gtx1070 but in order to get even close to a playable constant 60fps I have to play at 1080p medium settings. I don't know what is going on, all I know is no matter what I do, the game runs terribly. Also I maxed out my cpu usage to 100%. This can not be normal.  

Message 59 of 94 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just in case anyone has the same problem as me (loading screen freezes while porting into missions or freeplay) , I've found the culprit...finally! I deleted 1 file ProfileOptions (MyDocuments/BioWare/Anthem/settings) and my loading screen freeze was history.

Edit: Well, after five minutes of playing my game froze again and I had the same bug. Deleting the ProfileOptions helped, but this bug is frustrating.

Message 60 of 94 (1,429 Views)