Re: Anthem uses 100% CPU until it freezes up completely.

by Sodders

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Pretty close to the openers issues. Sending along my DxDiag file. 

Message 21 of 94 (3,675 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, Had to do the tutorials atleast 3 times. I'm even playing on all LOW settings.

Can play for like 20 minutes in the world, before it just freezes. The whole time playing CPU is at 100% But GPU is only at like 50%.

Nothing else is running in the background. I can't identify the cause of the freezes.

My DxDiag is attached.

Message 22 of 94 (3,629 Views)

★★ Novice

This is only a suggestion as something to try.  Google "how to set processor affinity" This is something I have experimented with.  My processor is older, i7-4790k, OC 4.6ghz all cores, and if I set Anthem to use only the 4 actual cores (0,2,4,6) in windows Affinity.  I take about 10% hit on FPS but it does lower my cpu temps and allows me to actually have a single browser window open.  This is a setting you would need to set each time you launch Anthem and it may have other unintended consequences including crashes so I ONLY suggest it if you have NO other options.  

Your freezing/crashes @TheRobgoblin is likely because your processor is starting to throttle.  Not 100% sure but sounds like it.  Also since your processor does not have hyperthreading you can ignore my comment about "actual" cores.  I wouldn't do less than 2 cores for testing.  You can do this while the game is running but it may cause crashes but could help your case specifically. 

Message 23 of 94 (3,626 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@LtKarra It ran perfectly fine during both beta weekends, it's not running fine now, and my processor is above recommended specs, it shouldn't throttle, and from what I have seen from all the diagnostics and benchmarks and everything else I've been running, it doesn't.

I've just accepted my loss of $15 and will just have to wait until they fix it, my $80 pre-order has been cancelled and I'm not even sure I will play it even when it is fixed/optimized properly.

I'm seriously pissed at BioWare for completely * on people and not patching anything before the actual release to see if it would break anything else they might have to fix as well.

Message 24 of 94 (3,617 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exact same issue as OP. Have reinstalled drivers, windows, Origin, Anthem. Ran on lowest settings (no change) OC'd my cpu. Still getting 100% cpu usage and still goes unresponsive during game-play for a few seconds. It's so frustrating, feels like all I can do is wait and hope now. 

Message 25 of 94 (3,545 Views)

★★ Novice

Having a similar problem as well, playing in windowed helps a little but not by to much its still using between 50-85% cpu and 90-95 gpu, its strange since I was not having these issues on the 15th and they only started 2 days ago hope we see some answers to this soon instead of seemingly pure radio silence.

Message 26 of 94 (3,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here on my G3-572 never had issues in the alpha neither the closed beta but now its just freezes and i cant do anything either restart/logg off /on again or just power off its really weird doesn't even crashes just freezes and even callin the task manager to kill it ts impossible its stuck in the freeze frame no application goes on top of the freezed frame anyway here is my dxdiag also and i have low temps optimized and undervolted and repasted with kryonaut my temps wont go over 70 on cpu and 65 gpu max

Message 27 of 94 (3,263 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. perfectly fine in both betas...

Now after 10 minutes playing the game crash with cpu 100%...

i7- 4770K

gtx1080ti

32gb ram

Message 28 of 94 (3,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

OK quick edit i moved anthem into my wd blue 3dnand 2tb m.2 ssd and for now the freezes are over also set my multiplier from 32  to 35 on TS and same for FIVR for the 4 cores and my temps are cpu 68 gpu 62 will test more tomorrow as i will have a bit of free time and post more results but for now i suggest to everyone that has already optimized windows/undervolting and repasted still having these freezes move the game to the m.2 ssd and try again to see if it fixed it Standard smile

https://snag.gy/wqNSro.jpg

Message 29 of 94 (3,226 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issues. 

Last night after the patch it ran fine, but today I tried for over 2hrs to make it to my Javelin and the whole game froze up.
I had no issues before the patch. everything ran OK.

My system...
i5-6400 CPU 2.70GHz (4 CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8GB ram

I posted DxD 

Message 30 of 94 (3,176 Views)