Re: Anthem sound bug

by OneEye74

Original Post

★ Novice

iT IS 03/01/2019 all game sound cuts out have to exit game and restart. Very annoying.  Not watching or listening to anything else.

Message 31 of 45 (951 Views)

★ Apprentice

Happened twice to me today already. No other sounds are playing on my pc. Once with headset, once on my speakers. It just randomly cuts off.

Message 32 of 45 (898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have found the only solution to get sound back to be to shutdown the console, unplug the power from the xbox for 10 seconds, then  restart the xbox which now should include Anthem in-game sound.

Message 33 of 45 (870 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happened to me every time i launch Anthem, will be great for about a hour and a half and than BAM, it goes quiet.

I have tried troubleshooting my monitor speakers to see if that would work, doesnt work.

I have tried front and rear audio jacks, nope that didnt work.

I even tried disabling and enabling the sound devices in volume mixer. 

Normally the last fix works if all else fails.

I than would restart the game and than have to go through the same issues again, as the sounds would only last for a short time.

Message 34 of 45 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After the server restart on 3/2/2019 it came back with a vengeance. I had this problem during the early release, but seem to have gone away after day 1 patch, only to have returned on 3/2 - worse than it was before. - PC  using a headset in stereo mode with no audio enhancements 

Message 35 of 45 (799 Views)

★★ Novice

Just experienced this bug a few minutes ago in the open world game mode while fighting against a legionnaire (turret mech thing) and maybe 20+ or so other opponents.

Message 36 of 45 (777 Views)

★ Novice

Even after there "hotfix" i still get the sound bug. Its not often as it was. But when it does about 30 minutes after playing without sound the fps starts spiking to 10fps sometimes completely freezes the game. Some points when it freezes the game crashes without an error or anything.

Message 37 of 45 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
me too, pc and latest release. happens when I have another video playing on a shared ultrawidescreen. have to restart the game for the sound to return.
Message 38 of 45 (758 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi
I have this problem since the last patch. However, I found out it could be linked to frag grenades. Played all day without frag grenades and had no problem. Equiped frag grenades and lost all sounds on the first mission I played, during a heavy fight with a loooooot of booooom booommm every where.

For me, the problem occurs when I use frag grenades during a heavy fight.

Regards Standard smile
Message 39 of 45 (688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there any news as to when this will be sorted out ?

im looking everywhere and cannot find a response from EA or Bio. 

was enjoying the game but i cant play in silence 

Message 40 of 45 (667 Views)