Anthem not launching

by benharii

Original Post

Re: Anthem not launching

★★★★ Novice

Same issue, and I did try changing the languages, repairing, re-installing, updating drivers everything  but no use.  What is surprising is that I started playing along with 2 of my buds. We all started together and today they are able to log in and launch but not me for some reason. I thought its maybe due to some patch update, I got the Anthem game folder from one of them and replaced mine but still same issue. Really hoped to play today. 

Message 21 of 59 (1,513 Views)

Betreff: Anthem not launching

★★ Apprentice
same here....yeasterday launch and play a few hours....but now this *** game doesnt launch -.-

specs:
intel i7 6700
geforce gtx 960
Message 22 of 59 (1,486 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

same i also did EVERYTHING to fix it , i was able to play with the update , went to sleep, came back and now the game doesnt start anymore.

I bet you ORIGIN has f%kked with us!

Message 23 of 59 (1,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Changing the languages has helped for me to!

Just switch von whatever you are playing to any other language and back to what you are playing. 

Message 24 of 59 (1,471 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
didnt help.
Message 25 of 59 (1,437 Views)

★ Apprentice
I can't play.... but I keep trying. But I still can't ...
At least when games were loaded on CD's I never had this problem. LOL.
...maybe they made sure they were ready for release before they printed.
Message 26 of 59 (1,374 Views)

★ Guide

The only reliable way I can launch is by using the game exe.  If I try to use Origin, more often than not it simply does nothing after clicking 'play'.

Message 27 of 59 (1,373 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After the update (22.02.2019, 3:12am GMT+2) nothing changed. Tried to do the language swap method and repairing again, nothing changes.

Message 28 of 59 (1,364 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the issue since today’s launch.

i looked up the gamefolder, there is an exe named anthemtrial. I think something is messed up with premier/trial versions. The Game thinks we are on trial or our premier is not up or what ever. I am speculating that only premier users have this problem.

so since today’s launch my game suddenly does not start. The anthem process is starting and then without coming actually ingame, it closes.

just like the trial end, you where kicked out faster then ending the process via taskmanager. Also with no warning or error code.

so it’s on EAs sides to fix this. Language change won’t help me.

Message 29 of 59 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I get the same issue...

Trying to start, black screen for a few seconds and it closes itself without any error message.

The Demo before worked just fine and I could at least start the game.

But now with the release nothing...

Now I'm trying to load the game again...

Have fun waiting for another 10-15 hours -.-

Message 30 of 59 (1,347 Views)