★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. At launch
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22-2-2019 15.00 (GMT +1) and more
Summarize your bug Launching the game leads to a black screen. The game shows up in the task manager, but nothing happens on the screen. There is no sound either
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No clue, nothing's worked so far.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game "loads", as in it opens up a new screen and the game is shown in the task manager, but the screen stays black. I have stayed on the screen for up to 15 minutes, waiting for it to load, but I don't think "waiting it out" will solve anything.
What should be happening instead? The game should launch

Every time I try to launch the game (in any way; in Origin, on the games list, using the shortcut, the .exe, and several others), the screen goes black and doesn't progress further. The game shows up in the task manager asnd takes resources such as CPU levels. Every time I start the game this happens.

I've reinstalled and tried to fix other issues such as the DirectX error when downloading. Nothing seems to fix the issue. The screenshot indicates what happens when I boot the game.

Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem not launching (correctly)

★★★★ Novice
After 8 hours of troubleshooting I found out that Logitech's LGHub was causing the issue in combination with Steam. The problem was solved by disabling one of the two. I hope this helps some of you.
Message 2 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Anthem not launching (correctly)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue as well, and your solution does not work for me :\ have you ran into again?

Message 3 of 3 (43 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help