★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080 Stock settings
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16Gb DDR4 3200mhz
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Happens Both on Expeditions and in Fort Tarsis.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24.02.19 10:45 PST
Summarize your bug The Game Causes my entire PC to crash. At first I was getting just game crashes. after recent patch its PC crash. usually its after 15-30 min in game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure since it seems it could be a combination of things potentially, but on my PC all you have to do is play the game and it shows up
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen goes black and go into sleep mode. PC is totally Frozen no inputs work I have to shut off PSU to restart. Doesnt happen on other games that are as demanding.
What should be happening instead? The game should be playable

3/5/2019 8:34AM PST / EDIT #2:  In my fist edit I did fined something that helped, but it wasn't enough.  The hard crash would continue until I removed my CPU overclock, then only briefly at the startup of Anthem would my CPU hit 99% load then drop to 40-50%. Before removing the overclock my CPU would stay at 99% until crash as well as my GPU running at 100% with my CPU OC.  And even with that, if I closed the game or if the game crashed and I didn't Shutdown my PC and Restart then it would Hard Crash the next time I opened Anthem. 

My PC had been stable for 1 year before this game came around.  I shouldn't have had to do anything to my system but update the GPU driver.  As of 3/3/19 I gave up uninstalled Anthem. 

I think Anthem may have done something to my GPU. Its not Hard Crashing but its not running as well on my other games and after a year of use I know what the temps and quality should be on those games.  This might be literally the most expensive game on the planet, costing anyone who plays it hundreds or thousands of dollars in hardware when it breaks it.  Lulz. Put it this way I have 2 kids I play games with (not random kids, they are my kids), once I noticed I was having problems on the Feb 22nd patch I uninstalled Anthem on their PC's until I could sort it out.  Since then I have uninstalled it from my PC.  The only good thing about this is I might be able to use my sadness about what this game has done to my PC to get my wife on board with a brand new setup.

Its not worth the risk to your hardware to play this game.  It might not Brick your PC or GPU or Console, but it has been causing problems for everyone in some way, please be careful. I fortuanatly can afford to replace some parts or build a new system right now.  But thats not always the case. At this point I made a lot of changes and did a lot of testing to get this game to work sort of, make sure it wasnt faulty parts (at least when i started they were fine), and give this game a chance until they fixed it. Didn't work, wish I had just uninstalled with my kids and gave up on it.

Good luck all, I'm being a bit dramatic,  but really the game should be stable period.  Its just sad all around and frustrating. -Jack

2/24/19 7:11PM PST / EDIT #1: I TURNED ON "APPLICATION CONTROLLED" VSYNC IN NVIDIA CTRL PANEL. THIS SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED THE MAJOR CRASHING.  Not Great results though, 70-80FPS with dips into the 30FPS especially in free play while moving from zone to zone. if i have my limiter off i can get 100 fps with dips to low 60fps while playing the game, but then it crashes while using 90% of my CPU and upto 99% of my GPU, so not an option. This is an optimization issue, its not a Hardware issue on the consumer side for probably 90% of the crashes.

i checked all my hardware and ran several other games Warframe / Fortnite that work fine for many hours getting the same Temps and high Demand from my PC. Example Destiny 2 on Max settings across the board just ran for 2 hrs without any issue getting 100-200FPS.  I have a hard time getting anthem not to dip below 60FPS on anthem without Dropping the settings to medium or lower on most setting. Im running at 144hz refreah rate 1080p native. 

i did uninstall and reinstall Anthem last night then tried it today since this has been happening since yesterday after the patch.  i was able to play a bit longer and my fps was averaging around 80.  Initially I thought I had fixed this issue until in Fort Tarsis changing gear the Game and Pc Froze again.

I like the game but im about at my limit at this point. I have current drivers, a decent system, and my gear is running fast and well on every other game. If you can help me resolve this I would appreciate it. The game is unplayable at this point.

Last point before someone says its your PSU cause of CPU Over clock and such, PSU Calcs including everything plugged into my PC from haedphones to number of RGB and Fans (with the assumption I would be playing games for 16hrs a day)  show I would need a 550W or less PSU and I have a Gold 650W. The Chance it could be randomly the PSU not running correctly is small considering the similar demand other games place on the PC. and the specs and cooling I have.

DxDiag file attached. Im no expert on PCs but im not an idiot regarding them either, I just dont know why this game does this.

Message 1 of 12 (2,453 Views)

Re: Anthem keeps crashing PC

★★★ Newbie

I keep having this exact problem,  currently running an Rtx 2070 -i7 8700k with a 750 gold rated PSU. So it's not power issue. Ran the division 2 beta for a while as well as Destiny 2 and  No issues. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah Im sorry to hear that.  I uninstalled anthem yesterday and canceled my origins subscription.  If it was just game bugs then fine Im cool with that.  I will not deal with a game causing my PC to hard crash and BSOD. Apparently its causing PS4's to completely crash and causing them to turn into paper weights in some cases.  I wont be using EA or Bioware products on my PC again, not worth the risk.  If they came out with a quick solution then I would have stuck around. Looking into it is not appropriate when your breaking peoples systems.  I ran the beta and the "origins pre launch week" without this issue, Day one patch broke the game for me. They released an unstable product not even the consoles can run without major issues. 

I had to use V sync, remove my CPU overclock and then it would work, but if I put the PC in sleep mode vs shutting it down then I would get a hard crash.  Since removing the game I have had no problems. 

I'm going to check out Warframe until Division 2 comes out.

Bummer I enjoyed Anthem when it wasn't trying to kill our PC's and Consoles

Good Luck

Message 3 of 12 (1,941 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine has crashed 4 times in a row and crashes AT LEAST once an hour and i get the occasional BSOD with various error prompts but mostly memory management. This is a brand new PC and nothing has happened until i installed anthem and all of a sudden im getting all of these DirectX errors and BSOD along with the game just straight up crashing and going to the desktop with no error report option. DxDiag attached 

Message 4 of 12 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Novice
Honestly I would uninstall until we hear that the game is stable. If its killing consoles, and with BSOD or worse on PC, its not worth the risk, imo. I realize I'm being a bit dramatic as most people are just experiencing crashes but it can do real damage, I replaced my video card which was working fine before Anthem and I'm trying to figure out if I can fix it. something happened after that day one patch I don't know what but if your having any BSOD or Hard Crash issues uninstall and move on. I might check back in a year or so if the game is still around. I have never seen a game do this. All the money they put into this game you would think that at minimum it would be stable.

Good luck
Message 5 of 12 (1,903 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it came up with new errors this time :-( I'm uninstalling for good until they make a statement saying that this issue is fixed. I put in a good 35 hours of gameplay and it's a great game when it works. I hope it gets fixed

Message 6 of 12 (1,899 Views)

★★★ Novice
I updated my original post to sort of show the rest of what I did to my pc to get it to sort of work and what I ultimately did, uninstall. That way people can see if there is an issue and its not happening on any other game, it is probably not worth trying to fix. I had 42 hours of game play in the first week-ish, second week (the actual release week I had 3hrs). That day one patch destroyed the game and possibly my PC. Oh well life goes on, I'll wait for one of those Class Action post cards in the mail, maybe we will get $20 back.
Message 7 of 12 (1,895 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this problem too and I have no idea what to do about it other than just let it sit there until they acknowledge the problem and fix it!

Message 8 of 12 (1,793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's still hard crashing with the 1.0.4 patch.

Message 9 of 12 (1,680 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same here
Message 10 of 12 (1,672 Views)