Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem keeps crashing PC

by Foxbat40

Original Post

Message 21 of 32 (345 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So here is what I found, If I set my PC so it has no overclock on anything except the memory then nothing crashes except the game. Crashes once, then works fine for hours.  Anthem really needs to solve this right now.  Its Nuts.

Message 22 of 32 (316 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

After a few minutes I get a hard lock on my PC - not even a reboot.  This started after the Feb 28 patch drop (thanks for making a patch that demands 60GB of space to install).  

Things from the web that DIDN'T work:

1) Update driver - already have the latest driver

2) Force VSYNC on - still crashed hard no change

3) Make sure your stuff isn't overheating - this the only game that crashes like this.

4) Update system drivers - already have latest

Message 23 of 32 (250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Try debug mode in the nvidia control panel under help, it resets gpu clockspeeds to factory try that first. [dont  worrry u can switch it back on again if u want]

Some games are  also very sensitive for xmp profiles aswell, and cpu overclocking.

Message 24 of 32 (249 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Im uninstalling, Tried many things, some helped but at the cost of performance of my PC. I like the game but I don't think ill install another EA game on my PC. If they are going to release products that aren't stable its just a bad company. Every other game works on ultra settings, its just a bad build. To bad the game is actually fun imo.
Message 25 of 32 (233 Views)

★★★ Guide

One peculiar crash happened to me today. This is not just another client crash, it seems it was induced by something in the game instance. Let me explain.

It looked as it was a server lag. E.g. when you see that you character model is moving, but not others. I was gaining on some colossus dude. Once I caught up my game crashed. When I rejoined the instance, at least two other members joined it as well. So, the crash was also of someone in my squad at the same time when I had it. 

Message 26 of 32 (205 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I was getting crashes to desktop. Now I am getting BSOD. It says Memory Management as the cause. I think this means that the game is trying to write to an address that is out of bounds, a location that is outside of addressable space. 

This would also explain the PS4 issues. 

I hope Bioware can fix this. 

Message 27 of 32 (202 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ever since this morning I've had nothing but constant crashes to desktop in freeplay. It starts by not being able to interact with anything, resources, chests, mission items. Then within the next 10-20 minutes it will CTD.

Message 28 of 32 (196 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Was not having any crash issues in demo or release and it just started * out on me today twice while running tyrant mines lost all my loot too also pretty fire effects started getting wonky weird
Message 29 of 32 (169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't even have to play Anthem, just a few minutes ago was looking at origin closed it then really closed it by exiting through system tray and crashed my PC.  They have layers of crap that needs to be fixed.

Message 30 of 32 (147 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help