Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on?
What was your chosen difficulty level? Hard
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. This has occurred three four times now. Three of the crashes occurred in freeplay, and one of the crashes occurred in Fort Tarsis speaking to one of the NPCs. I cannot recall which one, but it crashed last night and worked no problem this afternoon and crashed once I got onto expedition.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22.02.19
Summarize your bug Four times now my game has crashed as what appears to be random places within the game. Three times the game has crashed hard while in freeplay, and the other time the game crashed while speaking with an NPC. Today I tried again, and I was able to complete the dialogue with the NPC the game crashed at last night, but it crashed once getting on expedition. The game has hard crashed within 10 minutes of playing the game for the past 4 times I've tried it, between last night and this afternoon. These errors only seem to have started once I downloaded the most recent patch.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not able to replicate a specific event or trigger for the crashing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game hard crashes, and I have to kill the process via task manager in order to close the game.
What should be happening instead? It shouldn't crash...

Message 1 of 5 (897 Views)

Re: Anthem is hard crashing since the recent patch

★★★★ Novice

Having the exact same probem, except I cannot kill the process, the audio loops and the computer stops responding. It seems like a bluescreen. All I can do is hard-reset the computer, and it comes back up. It will reliably crash 1 more time, before SOMETHING changes and it becomes stable! 

It'll do it like this.. pretty reliably. I cannot figure out what specific event, if any, is precipitating the series of crashes. It's ALWAYS 2 crashes, back to back. Never more. Hard locks the PC every time. 

I've tried everything I can think of. Video card drivers, uninstall & reinstall the game, repair the game, everything. No other program on the PC is causing similar problems, So I'm ruling out hardware at this point. (and I've tried it with BF1 BF5 BF4 Overwatch, SCII etc etc) Every other game is perfectly stable. 

and I've got no other real issues other than this one. Frown 

anyone got any other ideas? Also I've checked system logs, Nothing seems to precipitate the system crash, that I can find. 

-- 

My Specs.

i7-4790 (not OC)
16GB Kingston sticks (Can't remember which)
GTX970 
Game's installed on a SSD, 15GB remaining room on SSD. No system files present on this volume.

DXDIAG attached. 

Message 2 of 5 (809 Views)

★★★★ Novice

On more testing! It's crashing to Desktop, if in windowed (but not borderless.. it's causing a hard crash then) when in borderless it just CTDs

Message 3 of 5 (740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 970 x 2
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region EU
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold 
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Tyrant Mine 
What was your chosen difficulty level? GM1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? 2 storm 1 c interceptor
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. 
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.02.19
Summarize your bug Four times now my game has crashed as what appears to be random places within the game. Happening about once every 2-3 hours. Initially I lose audio or the audio starts to sound awful and loud then the game crashes to desktop. Mostly happening during boss phase of Tyrant mine. When I try to rejoin every other team member is logging in as well and 9/10 the boss is bugged and just sits in the big pipe above. Audio at time of rejoin is asking to stay on the pad - from the previous stage (defense). These errors only seem to have started once I downloaded the most recent patch.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (10%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not able to replicate a specific event or trigger for the crashing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game hard crashes, to desktop. Have to restart game from icon or origin app,
What should be happening instead? It shouldn't crash...

Message 4 of 5 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just crashed two times within 5 min for the first time since i started playing on the 15th. I was in the temple of scar stronghold playing a colossus on GM1. The only thing new i did right before crash was equip a newly crafted MC autocannon.

Message 5 of 5 (568 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help