Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem hangs at black screen when I exit the game, or alt tab.

by Foxbat40

Original Post

Re: Anthem hangs at black screen when I exit the game, or alt tab.

★★★ Newbie

Same, but at least once it's been black screened for a while it informs me that it's running at a whopping 114fps

Message 21 of 51 (348 Views)

★★★ Guide

@0mniPocket wrote:

Same, but at least once it's been black screened for a while it informs me that it's running at a whopping 114fps

LOL

Message 22 of 51 (344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Two weeks later and this is still an issue. I don't play in fullscreen, but in borderless window so it looks fullscreen (and on windows 10). In this mode I can alt+tab with no issue, but still 25%-50% of the time when the game closes, it sticks on a black screen for longer than I care to check. The other 50-75% of the time it hangs at a black screen for 5 to 20 seconds before finally closing. I'm fine with a small hangup as it's more than understandable for properly terminating such a large program, but as other users have reported, 5 to 20 minutes before closing, if ever.. I'm not that patient.

Message 23 of 51 (242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hopefully the upcoming patch resolves this issue.  I saw on reddit that I think it says 3/12.

Message 24 of 51 (225 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
This is my exact same experience. Borderless window so alt-tab is fine, but hangs on closing. Sometimes will close eventually, but usually have to kill task. Also, my video display resolution and refresh rate do not stick between play sessions, defaulting to the lowest setting and 50Hz at start. Not sure if related.
Message 25 of 51 (221 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes but a few times I left it on longer and it still did not close and I had to do it via task manager.
Message 26 of 51 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am now getting this issue every time I try to exit the game.

It seems to coincide with the fact that I am no longer earning coin in game for missions.

Message 27 of 51 (199 Views)

★ Guide

Something you all might want to try is to exit to the main menu first and then exit the game. It worked for me when I tried it, but it may not work all the time ( I will keep doing it to see if it works).

Not a perfect fix, clearly, but maybe it will get you where you need to go

Message 28 of 51 (190 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Agreed, this seems to be working for me as well.
Message 29 of 51 (161 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alt-Tabbing for me full screen is no issue, however I do get the black screen issue when exiting the game.

I don't bother with exit now and just straight to task manager to kill it.

Message 30 of 51 (157 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help