Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem crashes to desktop at world event Free Play ONLY

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX 2080 TI, Drivers 430.39 ( latest )
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 DDrR 2400 mhz
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Dosent matter same cause on every Free play mission
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Where ever there is a mission with the purple mark on it ( World event, when i have to destroy objects, or pickup fragments, works only if there is only enemies ( not a target enemy as a quest )
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30:04:2019:10.40.45.486
Summarize your bug Crashed to desktop when entering a world event in freeplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play free play
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes and no error logs in evenviewer or anything
What should be happening instead? The game should still run

Every time i play a free play regardless if its with friends or random my game crashes when entering a purple enviroment ( world event ).
This dont happen when playing strongholds or Legendary missions or running around in the town/forge etc. ( Point out that everything has worked fine before the 24 april patch )

I have got this since the latest patch of anthem and nvidia drivers ( though installing an older driver for nvidia dosent solve the problem either)

I have tested to play on the lowest graphic and still the same is happening ( also only get like 60-80 FPS on lowest settings, and on ultra settings 60-80, and the fps can be my CPU is only i3 8100 but this is not the problem)

I got a 1000W Golden PSU so that is not the problem either.

I reinstalled the whole computer and still the same problem.

Repaired the anthem files and didnt solve the problem

Have everything on "Default in nvidia drivers"

Analysyed the crashdump file MDMP from documents/bioware/crashdump

Only error i can come up with or see is the ( see dump.txt file)

BUCKET_ID_PREFIX_STR: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_POINTER_WRITE_INVALID_POINTER_WRITE_ FAILURE_PROBLEM_CLASS: APPLICATION_FAULT FAILURE_SYMBOL_NAME: Anthem.exe!NvOptimusEnablement

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: um:null_pointer_write_c0000005_anthem.exe!nvoptimusenablement

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {f580e9c6-141b-2ac0-f3fd-762966ac25c0}

UPDATE:

more testing with this shows that the error occurs when i interact with exampel Fragments ( mission objectives ) and the game crashes directly to desktop

Only in Free play at World Events ( can pick up journals / minerals / chests in the world)

Update #2

I joined my friend in Free Play and he interacted with a Fragment and the game freezed for 3 seconds and then crash to desktop. (  when i was near the World Event)

When im not near it dosent happen

Update #3

Upgraded the nvidia drivers to 430.53 , didnt help

Update #4

Made bios to default with no success, also enables Asus AI suit with digi/vrm to boost the CPU towards CPU current avaible 140% and still the same problem.

Disabled the DEP in windows for Windows defender to offline

Think this is more a server related issue ( newest patch) then rather my nvidia drivers or computer specs

Message 1 of 17 (2,892 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anthem crashes to desktop at world event Free Play ONLY

★ Apprentice
@GoblinSlayerXIII

I solved the problem now since it was an violation error code.. reinstall anthem again, and still crashed but going into the Directory where the game is and changed the settings to all user " Full Controll" and now the game isnt crashing... It seems like the files that is downloaded and patched dosent have the right access to open , so setting a security settings on full control made it all possible to play the game again.. so somewhere in the anthem " patching/deploying" it dosent set up the correct security for the files

View in thread

Message 12 of 17 (3,229 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

UPDATE:

more testing with this shows that the error occurs when i interact with exampel Fragments ( mission objectives ) and the game crashes directly to desktop

Only in Free play at World Events ( can pick up journals / minerals / chests in the world)

Update #2

I joined my friend in Free Play and he interacted with a Fragment and the game freezed for 3 seconds and then crash to desktop. (  when i was near the World Event)

When im not near it dosent happen

Message 2 of 17 (2,858 Views)

Community Manager

@zigns 

Hey, try the 430.53 driver set, there is a hotfix in that newest version.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC-Community/Nvidia-driver-hotfix-version-430-53-4-29-2019/m-p/7835366

Thanks @XxTripleBeamxX 

barry.png
Message 3 of 17 (2,847 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry  Still the same, crashed to desktop as soon as i was in the area and searched for the agent ( holding F ) in a World Event

Message 4 of 17 (2,830 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having random game crashes to desktop since last weeks patch, doesn't matter what activity I'm doing, within 10 minutes I crash without warning to desktop and to add salt to a wound, the game has bad fps issues for me for like 3 days now. EA has really borked a game that could've been great.

Message 5 of 17 (2,808 Views)

Community Manager

@zigns 

On taking a second look here, it may be worthwhile checking with your laptop manufacturer how to disable NVIDIA Optimus.

I do not want to give you specifics as you may need to change settings in your BIOS which your manufacturer can help you with.

p.s. It would be awesome if that resolves your issue and if you could post your results here too (positive or negative) please.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 17 (2,732 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry i dont have a laptop ? Maybe you confused me with another thread ?
Message 7 of 17 (2,720 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Why are you telling this guy about bios and nvidia optimus ? 

It's also happening on xbox and ps4 , has nothing to do with platform / drivers it's a bug in the patch . If you read the other support posts this would be apparent

Message 8 of 17 (2,690 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi I have teh solution i talked with a guy from ea help and after we tried various things he suggested to creat a secon account on windwos. After doing this i started Anthem on that account and wnt into a Event in Freeplay and it didnt crash
Message 9 of 17 (2,662 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GoblinSlayerXIII that is not a solution, that is a workaround that shouldnt be needed, And im not creating another account for microsoft just to play anthem.
Message 10 of 17 (2,645 Views)